Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Seems if your not in a vunerable catogory your not allowed to phone VM. Any one know of an email address?

Seems if your not in a vunerable catogory your not allowed to phone VM.

Not allowed to change packages via the web site , can only phone to do this,if your not in a venerable category your not allowed to phone not allowed to change packages via the web site , can only phone to do this if your not in a venerable category your not allowed to phone

Catch 22 

Any one know of an email address

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Seems if your not in a vunerable catogory your not allowed to phone VM. Any one know of an email addr

Thats news to me, who told you that?

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Seems if your not in a vunerable catogory your not allowed to phone VM. Any one know of an email addr

Who told me what???

1. You cant change your package ?  go to the web site and choose "my deals"  reply is ooops something went wrong ...(no it didn't) please ring....etc

2. don't ring VM unless you have too?? Read the VM posted covid advice 

do you have an email address where I could leave a message please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

davidjack123.

Who told you that? Why wouldn't you read the information on this site which tells you exactly what is going on? I suppose you prefer to listen to the son of a friend of your mother's cousin?

There is a notice at the top of the landing page for this web site:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update

There is also an item in News to give you an alternative means of communication by text message:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

If you think about it for a moment the phones are bound to be busier than usual while the country slowly recovers from the lock down. Use the phones only if it is an urgent query. And you may have one of those whether you are vulnerable or not.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Who told you that? Why wouldn't you read the information on this site which tells you exactly what is going on? I suppose you prefer to listen to the son of a friend of your mother's cousin?  ……... Don't need your sarcasm, Thanks  

There is a notice at the top of the landing page for this web site:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update........Doesn't tell you how to contact VM 

There is also an item in News to give you an alternative means of communication by text message:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425.. an alternative, thank you.

If you think about it for a moment the phones are bound to be busier than usual while the country slowly recovers from the lock down. Use the phones only if it is an urgent query. And you may have one of those whether you are vulnerable or not.

If you think about it ….why not post the above on the "How to contact us" page 

Howard ….it seems that you can have a licence to use sarcasm and try belittle people, if you have  the knowledge they don't have.  Your reply was a strange mixture of help and abuse …..but I thank you anyway. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Now that I have seen your message at post 3/5 I can understand why you took the position you did. You want to change your package. If you had mentioned that at the beginning and the error message you were seeing you'd have got this advice.

1. You can upgrade on line, but you can never downgrade on line.

2. If you get that error message it means one of two things, either you have a discount applied to your account so on-line upgrades aren't possible; or there is (occasionally) something wrong with your account which VM needs to sort.

3. You can phone VM, though they will be busy. That's just a feature of life today.

4. You should, in the alternative, use the text messaging service. Tell them what you want and they'll get back to you. There can be a delay in this process but it is better than hanging on the telephone

5. There is no e-mail address to use. VM don't have a public facing e-mail address.

This Forum works best when people tell us what they want to do so we can get straight to the answer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos