cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed by Virgin Media for late payment fee just for changing my direct debit details

AndyJB70
Tuning in

Hi,

I changed my direct debit details recently and now I've got a double bill with a late payment charge as Virgin Media didin't take the payment in July. I'm furious, I've had no warning that they weren't going to take the payment and no warning that I would be charged if I didn't pay the July charge before July 12th. All they have sent is a bill for August with 2 monthly charges on and a late payment charge.

Why am I being penalised just for changing my direct debit details? 

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Call them up or start a chat - they will drop the (think it's £7.50) missed payment if you explain

Hate companies that do this, save £x if pay by DD, £15.0 for a paper bill etc

BT still allow paying quarterly! and you can BACs payment to Virgin too but dunno if there's any fees on top as nkt a DD. worth checking

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @AndyJB70,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your direct debit and bill.

I can see that this is something we need to assist you with asap, I will send you a private message now, so I can help further.

Please look out for a purple envelope, at the top right corner.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Ronmakh
Tuning in

Hi, I am having the exact same issue as you. I changed my direct debit details but they didnt notify me that they werent going to take the next payment. Can I please know how the resolve your above issue?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Ronmakh, thanks for posting on our help forum. We're sorry to see there is an issue with your payments after you've changed your Direct Debit date and info.

Could you please advise if you mean that the latest payment has failed to go through, or it's been rescheduled for the new date processed instead?
Is there any issues with your bills currently? Let us know mor and we're happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, 

I have received an email confirmation about my direct debit account setup 12 days before my payment due for next month. The information is also successfully updated in the VM website before the payment collection date.

Similar to who posted the query, I've had no warning that they weren't going to take the payment and no text/ email/ call when the payment for last month didnt go through. 

And today, I have received a bill with 2 monthly charges on and a late payment charge.

I don't want to be penalised just because I changed my debit details, and I have the confirmation email that the debit account is setup!

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for the issues faced Ronmakh,

So we can investigate this further for you I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

You'll find the message within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Jstaff
Joining in

The same thing has happened to me. However I haven't even changed my direct debit! Never missed a payment, had sufficient funds, they have taken it late and charged me. I can't face calling customer services as I'd rather stick needles in my eyes, it would be less traumatic. At least it confirms one of the many reasons I am leaving. 

Hi @Jstaff 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you've been charge a late payment fee that you're sure is not correct. 

We can investigate this further for you at our side if you like? We'll be able to confirm what's happened and be able to amend if the charge is incorrect. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thank you for joining me on private message @Jstaff 

Glad we were able to get this sorted for you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley