cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM never delivered

MaerieScarlett
Joining in

Hello,

I signed up for an Oomph package with a broadband + SIM during the pandemic, and my SIM was never delivered.
I've tried to call many times and it cost me hours on the phone : I moved in the UK right before Covid hit, but me and my partner both had a French mobiles. The cost it already cost us to call a UK hotline is enormous.

We've been on hold for multiple hours, we've tried to chat but the person would say they would need a call, and then would have us wait again. We've tried to say calling was becoming too expensive, been told about our situation "call from a friend phone" or "call from your work phone". I even tried calling from my office which ended up in endless wait.

Chat message told us : we never got your address, and we need to hear it from you on the phone to confirm it is you. Funnily enough I receive my bills by post and they arrive at my address...

I've given up on that, I mostly took on the SIM option to enjoy the upgrade of broadband offered with it... But I do need a UK sim card now, and with the move to O2 I need to sort this out.

Is there an email, PM address we could contact that works better that this awful automatic chat?
Anyone from the team here who could have a look?
I genuinely can't afford to pay more than the SIM I'm asking for more hours of wait on a hotline just to give an address they already seem to have. 

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @MaerieScarlett, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've faced with the lack of sim card being issued to you.

We have been gradually moving customers over from Virgin Mobile to O2, and with this in mind, we might not be able to assist you via this platform.

However, check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Thanks,

David_Bn