cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning equipment - harassment !!

Gixer58
Joining in

I have cancelled my package and I keep getting messages to ask for the equipment to be returned, I am out of the country but booked collection for Nov 22nd, now being threatened with a £40 fee - can someone from Virgin help. I have cancelled my Direct Debit and would appreciate not being threatened

11 REPLIES 11

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Gixer58

Thank you for taking the time to reach out via the forums in regards to your disconnection and equipment pick. We understand the concern the correspondence can cause and you taking the time to reach out.

The correspondence you have received are automated following a disconnection of service, once the equipment has been picked up and checked these will cease should the equipment be in full working order. If any charges are applied during this time they will be automatically removed after the checks.

Rob

I have cancelled my Direct Debit so will not be paying any charges, this 'automated correspondence' is awful customer service especially as I have already arranged for collection - I had considered rejoining Virgin but this has changed my thoughts

Sorry to hear that, as you can appreciate the circumstances with yourself are different tot people who just don't return the equipment for whatever reason. The automated system is set up for all equipment not returned within a certain period of time.

Rob

Despite having booked a date to return the equipment - I have now had an email and a text message about charging me £40, I did cancel the Direct Debit so if I am charged by my bank, I will be seeking compensation for this as well as the constant harassment. Emails have said if I have booked a date, then I should ignore them yet they still keep coming - this is why I will never recommend Virgin to anyone, and would infrom them of my experiences

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for this update, Gixer58. We're sorry to see the frustration caused by this, could you please advise when is the collection booked for?
Please, be aware once we've collected this back and processed your return all relevant charges will be waived off (given the equipment is in good condition always).

Based on what you've explained above, we've confirmed in written that you should disregard any communication about equipment charges, and we've also advised this is automated an automated letter sent upon a disconnection. 
In this in case you have a booked collection, so rest assured this is also on the record and it's safe to ignore these messages.

Lastly, since you've cancelled your Direct Debit, we will be unable to retrieve your payments, just to confirm this too. 
Please, wait until we have received the equipment back so we can register the return and remove the fees from your final bill.

Any other questions or concerns you may have about the above please let us know and we are glad to assist you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have booked Nov 22 for collection as I'm not there until then [out of the country], and I have cancelled the Direct Debit

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming this, Gixer58. Please, visit this page to view more info on the returns process and important bits you need to know.

As previously advised, once your equipment has been collected and returned to us, we will then process this change to the account and remove the relevant fees from your bills.
With no Direct Debit active, you'd need to make a manual payment against your final bill once you've received this in case there is a payable balance on it so we can then close it.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

After all the harassment, Virgin said they'd email yesterday to give me a time to collect their equipment - what a surprise, no message so have to stay in all day today to wait, this is appalling and shows a lack of any interest in customers !!!

Hey Gixer58, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you haven't heard back from anyone regrading your equipment yet.

You should get a SMS / call off them around one hour before they pick the equipment up today.

Please do keep us updated. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?