Menu
Biggles562
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Returning Equipment

Hi, I'd like some advice please as I'm getting concerned and slightly irritated with returning your equipment to you. 

I cancelled my services and waited patiently for your returns packaging. It eventually arrived and I dropped the parcel off at a collection point the next day. I have again today received an email advising me you'll be charging me in 9 days if I don't return your equipment. The trouble is I've already returned it, and the tracking number on the collect plus site says it's been delivered to you.

It does seem to have taken longer than advertised to be returned to you but that's beyond my control. 

Can someone please help to resolve this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
andrewkp
Dialled in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Returning Equipment

In this case it mentions you need to call them with you receipt details and they will fix the problem straight away. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-returning-equipment

Under the last heading, charges

0 Kudos
Biggles562
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

That's all well and good but I've been on the phone for a combined 1 hour over the last few days and simply cannot get through to speak to anyone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Biggles562,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're receiving messages relating to charges. May I ask, when did you return the equipment and have you still got your receipt?

It can take 14 days for us to receive it, scan it in, assign it to the right account and then remove the equipment from the account so if not passed this point, please do not worry.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Biggles562
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello John_GS,

Thank you for getting back to me. 

Yes I do have the receipt and the equipment was dropped off at a collection point on 15.9.19, the day after I received the returns packaging. 

If it takes 14 days to process then it doesn't leave much time for me not to be charged going by the date on the email. While I can appreciate that you may deal with theses issues everyday and don't find it alarming it's my account you'll be wanting to take the money from and me who is being threatened with charges. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Biggles562,

If for any reason a charge is applied before we've updated your account, it would then be removed once we've updated our systems.

If you'd like me to double check your account for peace of mind however, let me know and I can pop you over a private message 🙂

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Biggles562
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex_Rm,

I would appreciate it if you can check the account for me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No worries at all 🙂

I've popped you over a private message to get a few details from you then I can update this thread 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for sending your details over Biggles562,

I can confirm we've received the equipment so no need to worry about any charges 🙂

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

Biggles562
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Alex_Rm for dealing with this as quickly as you have.

It is much appreciated.

0 Kudos