cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return kit or else be charged £0. So why bother ??

newdivert
On our wavelength

I've just left VM, and have my Hub3 and (approx 8 yrs old) TiVo box ready to return.

But the email telling me to return them or else be charged, says the Value I might be charged is £zero for both items.

So why should I not recyle them instead 🙂  ???

(not a serious question, but I am interested in the answer)

4 REPLIES 4

unisoft
Well-informed

@newdivert wrote:

I've just left VM, and have my Hub3 and (approx 8 yrs old) TiVo box ready to return.

But the email telling me to return them or else be charged, says the Value I might be charged is £zero for both items.

So why should I not recyle them instead 🙂  ???

(not a serious question, but I am interested in the answer)

Get a  pre-paid return kit. Give VM the hassle of disposal since they are asking for it 🙂

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/request-returns-pack

newdivert
On our wavelength

Not answering my question, but thanks anyway.

The reason you might want to bother is because it is possible that if VM's systems consider that you haven't returned it, those systems may charge £0 to your account, and then when they don't see a matching £0 payment proceed through to a credit reference agency flag for late payment or default, even though there's nothing actually owed.  Common sense won't apply, (a) because this will be entirely automatic and involve no human input, and (b) even if you phone up, VM's agents will say anything to get you off the phone but often can't achieve workarounds on the clunky and sometimes dysfunctional systems.   

This may seem dramatic, but we have previously seen reports from ex-customers saying they've had zero balances flagged as late or defaulted, and the consequences of a soiled credit history can be serious and usually only become apparent when something you want (eg mortgage, new tenancy, loan, new mobile phone agreement) gets delayed or even refused due to a flag on your credit history.  And as such flags are visible to all lenders, service providers and even employers and prospective landlords for six years, it's not a risk worth taking. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there newdivert,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for any conflicting messages, TiVo boxes should have no charges attached to them however if you'd like we can send a returns kit to yourself.

If you'd like to I've dropped you a PM to discuss further, the message will be present within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain