cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retentions team

arik1806
Tuning in

Hi 

I am trying to re-negotiate my contract. Have phoned through the usual processes and been put through to the India call centre to be told I can get a '£5 off' my contract price (now going up to £128 from £94 per month). I have noticed that Sky are doing a very good deal (£72 per month) for a similar package, however, if I can get a similar price to what I am paying at the moment, I would be very happy to stay with Virgin Media rather than go through the hassle of changing over. For several  years I have managed to get through to UK call centres with a successful outcome, after no help whatsoever from the India call centre staff. Does anyone know how I can speak to a UK advisor now? If not Virgin Media will be losing a disappointed and long running loyal customer.

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
you will not get a deal the same as Sky new customer prices.
The only way to do that is to move to Sky.

The reason this bait and switch system works is as you said you do not want the hassle of changing over.

The only way to get the best prices is to change providers at the end of your contract

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And the fact that you've said you're willing to move providers for a better price shows that you're not loyal....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

When you say I'm not loyal, I have been a Virgin Media customer for around 15 years now. The problem is that with a lot of businesses, its the loyal customers that end up getting ripped off unless they fight tooth and nail for a decent price. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Again you are using the term Loyal wrong.

You are loyal if you stay with a brand or team no matter what, Though good and bad and won't change to something better.

You are not a loyal sport fan if you sport a team only when they are winning. You are loyal if you support them when they lose and never tink about changing your loyalty

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks for the tip Tony.

Here's a tip for anyone getting India call centre.

Asked if I could get a new deal similar to what I am paying at the moment. She tried to reduce the services I have in order to achieve this. Felt I wasn't getting anywhere so then asked for the 'Retentions Department' in the UK. Call operator on other end panicked a bit about me leaving, then put me through to a UK call centre. Spoke with the girl there. Two minutes later I had a new deal, slightly cheaper than what I was paying just now plus a partial refund on my first payment. Thank you Virgin Media. Hope this helps for others.

I’ve been trying to renegotiate my VM package and it seems option 5, thinking of leaving us, no longer exists.  So I pressed 4, change your package, and was put through to the Indian call centre.  I understood only a fraction of what what was being said, so said I would think about it.  (about what I actually have no idea!). I phoned the following day and asked if I could speak to some one in the UK (as I am older and I really have a great deal of difficulty with the speed and intonation of Indian English).  I was told no, there is no UK call centre. Is this is the case?  I’m thinking it might be if option 5 has gone.  Has retentions been disbanded?  

Hi Judy7777,

Sorry to hear about the experience you had over the phone. 

I'd just like to clarify that we do have both onshore and offshore call centres, so I'm unsure as to why you were advised that there were no UK call centres as that's certainly not correct. Apologies for any confusion there.

When you call us, if you press option 1>4>4, that is the option you'd chose when you're thinking of leaving us. 

I'd love to help with this but unfortunately we cannot perform packages changes here on the forums. I can only advise that you call us again, or drop us a text on 0753 305 1809 to enquire about your package and to see what deals we have on offer.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth

Thank you very much.  Your reply is most helpful and I will proceed as you suggest. 
Kind regards

Judy