cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention team uk

MalandBren75
Dialled in

Anyone know how I can speak to UK retention team, overseas team not at all helpful. My VM package increasing by 50% pm yet if I was a new customer I could get same package I am on now for 50% less and no deals for loyal customers like myself.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no UK-specific contact, although calling early around 8am has historically given a better chance of reaching a UK-based agent.

If your package is increasing by around 50%, that suggests a ~33% discount which is now expiring. You're not a new customer and can't expect to have those prices, but the FAQ-style advice for this scenario applies as ever.

Price up your chosen combination of services from alternative suppliers and decide how willing you are to disconnect VM to install as a new customer. Then when you contact VM retentions, you have facts & figures at your disposal - you are likely to get a better result than if you call basically saying "please can I have a discount"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no UK-specific contact, although calling early around 8am has historically given a better chance of reaching a UK-based agent.

If your package is increasing by around 50%, that suggests a ~33% discount which is now expiring. You're not a new customer and can't expect to have those prices, but the FAQ-style advice for this scenario applies as ever.

Price up your chosen combination of services from alternative suppliers and decide how willing you are to disconnect VM to install as a new customer. Then when you contact VM retentions, you have facts & figures at your disposal - you are likely to get a better result than if you call basically saying "please can I have a discount"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rang at 8-00 and was armed with information as you suggested which worked as I was offered a deal I was happy with. Still does not get away from fact that many a stressful hour spent trying to get someone to understand what I was trying to achieve. Thank you for your words of wisdom.