cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed Contract - Billing Issue

DavidNE7
Joining in

My Ultimate Ooomph contract was due to expire on the 28th February.  Back in January I negotiated a contract renewal and to change to the ultimate volt bundle for £90pm.  Despite sending a pre-contreact,  the agent couldn't go ahead with it as he said it was to soon and to to contact again in February before my contract expires.

On the 8th Februry I was billed the full £147.50 for 1st March-31st March.  I contacted again the other day, and renewed the contract for £90pm for the Ultimate Vold Bundle which was in effect from the 16th February. 

Since then Virgin have told me the £147.50 bill is correct and won't be amended to the new contract price? 

Also my contract doesn't state that it's £90pm.  It says my contract is £111 per month ??

10 REPLIES 10

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you negotiated a deal and you and the agent agreed it, then it becomes a binding contract (established UK contract law, but also under the Consumer Rights Act 2015), whereas an offer is binding on neither party.  So on the basis of the discussion you've had the £90 deal is valid and binding from the date you agreed it in February.  Forum staff should be able to sort this out.

If they can't then you will need to make a subject access request for the call recordings so you can be sure who said what and when, and then make a formal complaint to VM, wait for that to be fobbed off, and then escalate to Ombudsman Services.

I renewed via chat using the website.  I screenshot the conversation where it was offered for £90 per month.

So long as the screenshots include that you were offered, you accepted, and they acknowledged that, then you're good.  Might still be worth a DSAR requesting the chat transcript, that way it's proven that this was all on VM's systems.

Hi DavidNE7, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've had some issues with your billing and contract. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

DavidNE7
Joining in

I'm debating wether to cancel my services, as I'm not happy with how my contract renewal has been handled.

Basically I asked for the Ultimate Volt bundle, and was told I could have the bundle for £90pm.  Whilst the intial contract price was incorrect,  my current monthly price is now correct, but the package isn't.  The contract says I'm on that bundle, but they aren't giving me the included O2 sim card.

I think when you say you want the ultimate volt bundle, you're meaning TV, Broadband, Telephone, Sim Card. 

And when they say £90 you expect that to be £90 total for the entire bundle.  Not £90 for TV, Broadband, Telephone and we want an extra £25 for the sim card.

Hey DavidNE7, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear there is a package issue.

With the volt packages we no longer give a free sim card out.

With a volt you would get an O2 sim card at and extra charge so for example like you £90 for the Virgin Media and £25 for the O2.

I can see you also spoke to the team about this, did they manage to get this resolve for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

For instance on the virgin website it says £85 for the Ultimate Volt Bundle. £60 for Virgin Media, and £25 for O2.

I stated I wanted the ultimate volt bundle which consists of TV, Broadband, Telephone, O2 sim card. I was offered it for £90. When you're told you can have that bundle for £90 you would assume you're getting the sim card and paying £65 to virgin, and £25 to O2.

At no point was it explained to me I'd be expected to pay £25 ontop of the £90 I'd be paying to Virgin. If that was the case I'd have been told I can have the bundle for £115 and not £90

I've also requested a DSAR,  because back on January 14/15th during a conversation I had online with a Virgin Media rep,  It was specifically mentioned I'd pay £90 total and would get an O2 sim card.  I was sent pre-contract documents, which showed I was going to pay £70 to Virgin Media (rolling credit of £5) but when he went to finalise the contract, He told me I was to early and to come back in February nearer to my contract expiry date.   I asked if the price would be honoured later, and he said yes and that he'd made a note of it on my account. 

Hi DavidNE7,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for your post, sorry to see you still haven't had the package you were told you could have while still in contract, all packages/ prices can change and we can only offer what is available on the system at the time, the ultimate package you advised is £90 plus £25 for the sim Card.

Regards

Paul.