Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Refer a friend

Hi,

I referred my neighbor to virgin media, he used my computer and used the link and signed up in front of me. I got a confirmation email and on his order page it showed the refer a friend on it, it also showed on his emailed order confirmation. I called up before his services was to be installed and was told it shows on the notes and will be applied a month after its been installed. I also web chatted to confirm this and was given confirmation of the same. The email transcript wasnt available on the chat which is annoying but I printed out the chat for my records to that stated from the virgin media customer services fella that he can see i referred my neighbor and both should see the £50 credit off both of our bills on the next bill. Needless to say we have received the next bill and nothing is showing for either. Please sort.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refer a friend

Exactly the same here buddy awaiting £50 credit a year down the line now

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello bansow

Thanks for taking the time to make us aware of the billing issue and welcome to the community.

More details on our refer a friend policy can be found here http://virg.in/raf the credits are usually applied after the person referred's first Direct Debit has cleared.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Its been over a month since my neighbors services were installed and the date of the direct debit first payment was 15th of April. So the refer a friend credit for both still needs to be resolved. Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Once applied, the credit wouldn't show until the following bill had been produced bansow, we'd recommend waiting for this to be produced to check, if it hasn't at that point we can look into this further.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I was told over the phone and via webchat that it would show on my neighbors first bill. The first bill of my neighbor is for 2 months march and april, there is no credit on this. You say Rob that it will show on the may bill. Sounds a little odd to me. Can i get a second opinion of a different forum team member please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey bansow,

I concur with Rob on this. The refer a friend credit wouldn't show until the following bill had been produced. If you could wait for the bill to show on the account anc see if the credit has been added and if not, please come back to us and we can look into this further.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The following bill has been produced as advised to wait for. However no refer a friend £50 credit for me or my neighbor. Please sort.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

HI bansow, thanks for contacting us and we are sorry to hear that the refer a friend credit has not been applied. Can you confirm when this was done and when your friend was installed? -C|hris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I referred my next door neighbor to virgin media on the 22nd Jan, he used my computer and used the link and signed up in front of me. I got a confirmation email and on his order page it showed the refer a friend on it, it also showed on his emailed order confirmation. I called up before his services was to be installed and was told it shows on the notes and will be applied a month after its been installed. I also web chatted to confirm this and was given confirmation of the same. The email transcript wasnt available on the chat which is annoying but I printed out the chat for my records to that stated from the virgin media customer services fella that he can see i referred my neighbor and both should see the £50 credit off both of our bills on the next bill. Needless to say we have received a couple of  bills and nothing is showing for either. Please sort.

Neighbor was eventually actually installed on 13 March due to virgins surveying delay etc but was orginally to be installed in late feb. I referred on 22nd Jan and got an email confirming that. He also got an email with his order showing refer a friend £50 credit.

0 Kudos