cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Virgin Media not honouring deal

Lukesco1
Joining in

Hi I have the exact same issue been on the phone for 6hours. Me and partner have been hung up on 2x. We rang virgin on the 4th Jan to see if we could get a new deal because our contract was coming to an end and was going to go upto £147. We spoke to someone from the retention team who found a package for £69 which met our needs. The agent went through details with us and sent us a confirmation of the new deal. Today I find out that this has not happened and virgin haven’t started my new contract that they agreed to. I spoke to multiple agents on the phone who say they can’t honour that contract that I was offered in and that we would have to pay an extra £16 to get the deal. Which is not right because that’s not what I agreed to.

4 REPLIES 4

Lukesco1
Joining in

Just an update on the matter. Spoke to Catherine - manager - retention. After eventually getting through to a manager. Spoke to her for 90mins. No resolution and said I can’t offer you the contract you was offered because I can only offer what we have available. The manger was extremely rude and said she can’t even raise complaints and can’t even listen to the call to honour the deal which is ridiculous. She even lied and said the only way to raise a complaint is to go online. We mentioned that the website states that you can raise complaints by the phone. In the end she raised a complaint or so we think she did. After all this I believe virgin media have breached various rules regarding consumers rights. We now hopefully have a complaint raised and will keep this open until we get a resolution. If not this will be escalated to the ombudsman. I have never had problem with the product but the customer service is disgusting and needs to be reviewed. 

Hey Lukesco1, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to see there has been a package issue.

I can also see you have spoke to the team since posting this post, did they manage to get this resolved for you?

Also we would only be able to honour this deal if it was noted on the account or if you had any evidence at all to state this? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I have had no resolution and I do have evidence I have the pdf documents you have sent me to confirm my contract on the 04/01/2023. 

Thank you for letting me know.

I will send you a PM now so we can look into this, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?