cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Contact details for Virgin media CEO office please

rebecca23817
Tuning in

Hi

Could I have an email address to send in an official complaint please? It is very difficult to find this online!

I have had nothing but problems with this company since trying to discuss putting my nanas account on hold, she is 89 years old and just had a catastrophic house fire. The customer service has been diabolical! I have dealt with many companies including house insurance, council tax etc and virgin media have by far been the most difficult, it is not what we need at a time like this. After spending over 2 hours on the phone today which ended up having the call terminated from your end I ended up just cancelling the account even though she has been a loyal customer for a very long time. 

10 REPLIES 10

Barzey
Dialled in

Hi there I completely understand and you may need to note this down quickly because the last one was removed (I was quick enough to take a phot of it on my mobile though before it mysteriously disappeared).

It was shown as Mr Lutz Marcus SCHULER with a corres address of 500, Brook Drive, Reading UK RG2 6UU and he was shown as Chief Operating Officer. However you may find that any corres is intercepted by one minion or another, but good luck

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rebecca23817

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with the account being put on hold, I am so sorry for the inconvenience at such a hard time.

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you, I appreciate that. Will that be via email? 

Thank you very much. I have sent an email to him. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@rebecca23817 wrote:

Hi

Could I have an email address to send in an official complaint please? It is very difficult to find this online!

I have had nothing but problems with this company since trying to discuss putting my nanas account on hold, she is 89 years old and just had a catastrophic house fire. The customer service has been diabolical! I have dealt with many companies including house insurance, council tax etc and virgin media have by far been the most difficult, it is not what we need at a time like this. After spending over 2 hours on the phone today which ended up having the call terminated from your end I ended up just cancelling the account even though she has been a loyal customer for a very long time. 

Sorry to hear about your situation. Don't know what VM's current position on this is but, in some similar past topics, it has been mentioned that 'disaster' events such as fires and floods, where the home has become uninhabitable, were some of the limited circumstances where VM might show discretion and allow the customer to cancel without any early disconnection fees (if those are applicable to your circumstances).

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @rebecca23817 

Sorry to read about your nana's plight.

This is what @goslow was referring to.

Unless it's been changed recently she can contact the homemovers team and ask about a Time Out (not many people, including staff are aware of this option)

This is only allowed in times of house damage such as flood or fire. but there would still be a significant reduced package cost to keep the account open until your nana can return home.

This can only be requested by the account holder and if the account has been open for more than 6months. The Time Out option is usually available for between 3 to 6 months.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @rebecca23817 

Sorry to read about your nana's plight.

This is what @goslow was referring to.

<snip>

Thanks for the corrected info!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @goslow 

It wasn't intended as a correction, just  a pointer for yourself in case you want to bookmark it for future use, and for the OP in case VM don't exercise a degree of  understanding and goodwill, so she knows what help is available and which department should deal with it.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @goslow 

It wasn't intended as a correction, just  a pointer for yourself in case you want to bookmark it for future use, and for the OP in case VM don't exercise a degree of  understanding and goodwill, so she knows what help is available and which department should deal with it.

It was a genuine 'thanks' for correcting what I had posted which was incorrect (or rather not entirely accurate).