cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot Cancel virgin media

kevy107
On our wavelength

I'm having exactly the same problem. I have never experienced anything like it. For three days I have been trying to get through to Virgin Media.

The first phone call was cut off after 30 mins. Then I was waiting on live chat for one hour and was moved to a Whatsapp chat. I received a message three hours later. The agent tried to get me to stay. I said no. I then received a message (in the same Whatsapp chat) from a bot informing me that the disconnection team was closed. 

I had the same result over the next two days. I placed in a complaint to Virgin Media on the second day via Virgins website.

I will not pay any monies past my 30 day notice period. Which is 01.03.22) I kept all my Whatsapp conversations and printed them off. 

I am sick to the back teeth of this incompetent & amateurish (Virgin Media)  company. I urge everyone to stay away.

18 REPLIES 18

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kevy107,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. I understand that getting through to our team can be quite frustrating. We're doing our best to improve the systems and the experience for our customers.

As advised by my colleague, we have been experiencing some ongoing system issues over the past few days, which could be responsible for the trouble you've been having trying to get in touch with us.

We would advise against cancelling your Direct Debit as this will not stop payments being added to your account. This can result in arrears and late payment fees being added. As well as this, doing so can negatively impact your credit score.

Please get in touch with us on 150/ 03454541111 to get in touch with the team and they will be able to process your cancellation request. You can take a look at our Cancellation Process page for more information about this.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

kevy107
On our wavelength

Seriously??? Phone 150. I've been doing that for 3 days. Try answering the calls.

Thanks for your response @kevy107.

If you have sent your cancellation request in writing the team will raise this with the date from your letter and your 30 days notice would start then. 

As I said cancelling your direct debit can affect your credit score, I would advise not to do this.

Regards,

Steven_L

kevy107
On our wavelength

Thank you Stephen. No offence but Virgin should be worried about their reputation than my credit score. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is the online chat option? cant even find it. Been trying to cancel it via phone and got cut off the 2nd time now

kevy107
On our wavelength

I've tried all routes for communicating with them. Exhausted it. Terrible. 

kevy107
On our wavelength

UPDATED......

I've never experienced such terrible treatment form Virgin Media and I have been with them since they took over Comtel/NTL. 

Virgin had the audacity to rise their prices so I rang to cancel my contract.

Day 1 in the Virgin house: 28.01.22

I rang and was left in line for 30 mins and cut off. I went onto their live chat, I was left there for over an hour. Then I was moved into a messenger/chat service on my phone. No one for about 3 hours. An agent tried to get me to stay. I said no. I then received a message in the same chat from a bot, informing me that the disconnection office was closed. Fuming.

Day 2 in the Virgin house; 29.01.22 Exactly the scenario as day 1. I mean exactly the same.

Day 3 in the Virgin house: 30.01.22 Exactly the same.

Day 4 in the Virgin house:  Had several conversations on this forum with the  Virgin Forum team. Keep being told the same thing. I appreciate your frustration but we're having difficulties. Really? For over a week (older messages confirmed it) 

Day 5 in the Virgin House: I received another message on this forum " I understand your frustration'' no, you don't,  or you would have taken my details privately and sorted it. And I was also asked " what have you  been advised to do" really?? Have you read my messages?  What part of, I CAN'T GET THROUGH TO ANYONE dont you understand. 

I have just decided to try 150 again.After 30 mins on the line and I was cut off again. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used 03454541111 on my non Virgin mobile at 8am precisely this morning, using options 1, 4, 4 and got through after one ring. 

Okay it was to offshore and I still haven't had confirmation of my renegotiated contract either by email or online but they answered immediately and I could hear other one ring calls being answered in the background.