cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't create an account

Johnny928
Joining in

I am new VM customer, I try to register VM account, however when I create a password, the error popup and requested me to use another password.

I tried follow below link to setup difference strong password but the error still pop.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/security/how-to-create-a-strong-password

Please can someone help be solve this issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Johnny928,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues registering for an online account! I understand how frustrating this must be! I'm here to help. 🙂

What error are you seeing? Are you able to upload a screenshot so we can look into this?

Are you able to try a different password? Certain things are too guessable are not allowed. No special characters, only letters and numbers. The password must begin with a letter and the password length must be between 8-10 characters. 

Please let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance with this.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Johnny928,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues registering for an online account! I understand how frustrating this must be! I'm here to help. 🙂

What error are you seeing? Are you able to upload a screenshot so we can look into this?

Are you able to try a different password? Certain things are too guessable are not allowed. No special characters, only letters and numbers. The password must begin with a letter and the password length must be between 8-10 characters. 

Please let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance with this.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi @Paulina_Z

I follow your recommendation to setup the password, the issue is fixed. but your recommendation is difference from the website information.

I just make confused.

anyway, Thank for your support.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Johnny928

Thank you for coming back to me and confirming that the tips I provided helped you set up a password for your online account. 

I'm very sorry that the information provided on our website is different to what I have advised. I will pass your feedback onto the dedicated teams to ensure that this is corrected. 

Please reach out to us again if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team