cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price rise notification

rob11119551
On our wavelength

Hi , just read someone's question regarding no price rise notification yet , and one of the Virginmedia persons replied saying that the letters and emails will be sent out UP UNTIL the 27 MARCH .

As it is now the 29th of March , why have I not received anything yet ???????

The 30 day time limit is fast approaching for the deadline on 1stvof May for those who have heard nothing .

Can someone at Virginmedia explain please ?

16 REPLIES 16

Derek918
On our wavelength

HI Rob, it was probably my question about price rises that had the 27th March reply. One of the forum team (Beth) got in touch and is looking into it for me, hopefully one of the team will help you.

I suppose if they had sent it by snail mail on the 27th it may arrive in the next day or two.. but I'd rather not rely on that. I didn't fancy trying to phone them either after reading some of the horror stories on here. Good luck.

Keenzo
Up to speed

to find out for sure you can try to

Dial 150 from your home phone line, options 1,1,1,4,4 for thinking of leaving.

call between 8-9 am and you should get straight through to the uk call center and they should help

Good Luck

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @rob11119551,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Every customer will receive an individual price rise specific to them. If you wish to discuss your increase further, you can reach us online (virg.in/contactvm), by calling 150 from your Virgin Media landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. 

Your individual price rise will be specific to the service you have. Overall, the average price rise is 13.8%. Some price changes will be lower and some customers will be excluded completely. 

Thanks. Joe

We know the details !!! What we want is , "The Letter "

So can you tell everyone when the last letters are being sent out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Rob. I've heard nothing from Virgin either so one of the forum team had a look at my account and said no increase for me, I asked if I would receive an email stating that and I got the following reply "I have checked this and customers who are not affected by the price rise will not receive a letter about this." so it may be the same for you. 

Good morning @rob11119551 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I will happily send you a PM to confirm if impacted.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

z80dan
On our wavelength

I couldn't get a forum member of staff to verify mine so ended up using the support chat. The person there confirmed that my monthly price won't be changing until the end of my current contract.

Not receiving a letter or email about it bothers me a bit. A colleague of mine got an email saying they weren't affected by the price rise. Not sure why i didn't get the same.

Hi @rob11119551 

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to clear this up for you.

Do pop back to the community if you ever need anything.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Just had a PM with John at Virginmedia who said that I am not impacted by the price rise until the end of my contract which is April 2024 , so I did take photos of our chat .

Curious to find out about those not getting any correspondence , I said that I am asking for a friend in the same situation that wanted to leave , the reply was , those not getting a price rise could leave for free , but only if they are less than 60 days from end of contract .