Menu
mrmikesm
On our wavelength
Message 41 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price increases during Lockdown- illegal?

Thanks for the reply Hollie_B
     well i had the message saying i was in a que @ 13.56 on Friday  and its now 9.21am on monday and still waiting. Its like Virgin media think its fine to allow customers contracts to run out and nearly double the price and leave you with no way to even contact them. Yes I know we are in bad times with the virus effecting us all but if they have no one to answer phones or messages why not place offers with new contracts on my online account then I wouldn't need to contact you. As things stand If I don't get a contact back soon I will have to cancel and  book a new service with talk talk. 

My bill has gone from £37 last month then £54  and then £59  and no doubt the new increase with be added to that as well. Just no way I can keep paying these amounts.  

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 42 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Hi mrmikesm

My apologies for the wait times. 

We're busier than normal but we will answer asap

Let us know how you get on 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 43 of 50
Flag for a moderator

It’s too difficult to follow the logic of the pricing

prices , discounts, periods of agreement, increases or decreases of any of these unilaterally imposed by Virgin with:

no simple way to reach help

no simple way to switch providers

oh and there is a pandemic

saying that they need to raise by inflation busting 9% to invest seems a poor business model you don’t raise investment capital by increasing costs to customers on the fly, you have a long term investment strategy that factors investment into your costs

keef666
On our wavelength
Message 44 of 50
Flag for a moderator

So i have called the number to down grade, managed to get thought to an auto reply, and asking me for passwords, which i don't know which one they are asking for?

If i had the cables installed for BT etc i would leave and go to them, but they are all the same. GREED!

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 45 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Hi keef666,

The password which you are being asked for would be what you'd use if you were to call us for data protection (AKA your memorable word). Failing to provide this, the team can go through alternative secondary security questions which you.

Please let us know how you get on and if you need anything else.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
keef666
On our wavelength
Message 46 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Hello Beth,

Thanks for the reply, but its been nearly fifteen years since i joined Virgin all this information has, well forgotten.

And how can a type letters? when i am using a number keyboard on a phone that goes black after three seconds, i can see me paying this extra once again and still having nothing but broadband, are we paying for all these deals that new users are getting  or bailing the airlines out

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 47 of 50
Flag for a moderator

@keef666 wrote:

Hello Beth,

Thanks for the reply, but its been nearly fifteen years since i joined Virgin all this information has, well forgotten.

And how can a type letters? when i am using a number keyboard on a phone that goes black after three seconds, i can see me paying this extra once again and still having nothing but broadband, are we paying for all these deals that new users are getting  or bailing the airlines out

What are you talking about?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
keef666
On our wavelength
Message 48 of 50
Flag for a moderator

nothing

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 49 of 50
Flag for a moderator

@keef666 wrote:

nothing

Glad we cleared that up.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 50 of 50
Flag for a moderator

The team will also be able to send a letter to the address on the account with the password on. 

^Martin

0 Kudos