Flag for a moderator

Re: Price increase

WOO netflix price going up by over 10% makes VM price rise look small 🙂
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 92 of 102
Flag for a moderator

VM 4£ increase is 9% for my Bill and at least Netflix works and I didn’t just sign an 18 month contract with them only to receive that increase anyway

jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 93 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Netflix premium is a 16 5% increase and it's like it or lump it.

Virgin rise is much smaller and you can always negotiate discounts / more service for the same or less cost to offset it unlike Netflix and then if not happy within 30 days cancel also .. just like Netflix.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 94 of 102
Flag for a moderator

I called Virgin, there was no offer or negotiation only the low.. low offer to disconnect; 

and as I have said before it is impossible to disconnect now to switch suppliers, only a very risky person would disconnect a functioning broadband supplier in favour of a newly installed fibre line to the house- at least for me I’m stuck until the pandemic is over and my livelihood isn’t 100% tied to a functioning broadband- nothing about the analogy with Netflix is the same

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 95 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Have you consideresmd a 4G / 5G router rather than fixed BB as an alternative. It is a viable alternative these days and not present a risk.

Also if you chose to leave, often retentions may then contact you at a later point  with a final retention offer to keep your business.

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 96 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion and maybe one day, but again I’d need the two systems operating in parallel for at least a couple of months which defeats the avoidance of Virgins 9% increase;

I also feel that mobile data isn’t going to be as stable as a fixed line, but it is an interesting alternative

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 97 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I would also think to run both In parallel if I chose that option. It is though becoming a viable option.

Then with any switch the usual initial costs so sometimes it's a matter of accepting the price rise due to the additional cost of changing off setting any benefit to moving, and then the new provider could increase prices just after you moved!!

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
AlexanderMTTH
Dialled in
Message 98 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Maybe you've missed this in the midst of unhappiness, but the answer reads
*"so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive that until the end of the discount period."*

which for me cleared up all the uncertainty raised in over 10 pages of replies. Admirable, but the answer is there! If you're under a contract this will be respected, otherwise, if you're not (which all the answers seem to be) you'll have an increase.

More simple than this can only be done with drawings.
Thanks and regards,
Alexander
0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 99 of 102
Flag for a moderator

@AlexanderMTTH wrote:
*"so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive that until the end of the discount period."*

which for me cleared up all the uncertainty raised in over 10 pages of replies. Admirable, but the answer is there! If you're under a contract this will be respected, otherwise, if you're not (which all the answers seem to be) you'll have an increase.

Nope, much simpler could be done but not with Virgin, I accepted an 18 month contract in Sept for 46£ for 200mb service and a v6 box; my price went up 4£ this month regardless of the agreed price. 

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 100 of 102
Flag for a moderator

@machineghost wrote:

@AlexanderMTTH wrote:

Nope, much simpler could be done but not with Virgin, I accepted an 18 month contract in Sept for 46£ for 200mb service and a v6 box; my price went up 4£ this month regardless of the agreed price. 

The agreed contract can be as a discounted price or agreed at fixed price. So dependent on the terms of the contract will determine if you are subject to the rise or not.

Without knowing it, my last renegotiation must have been a fixed price as I have not been subject to a price rise.

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos