Price increase

Does this affect everyone

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price increase

yes not not always at the same time. depends if you have a fix price contract or a discount
0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It seems to affect everyone; at least I haven’t seen anyone on these boards report that they have a negotiated price rather than a negotiated discount it is this legal distinction that the ridiculous Virgin argument seems to hinge upon

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Sparrowhawk11

Changing prices is never an easy decision, which is why, unlike other providers, this is our first cable price change in 18 months. We know 2020 was a difficult year for many people and so we decided not to rise our cable prices last year. 

Over the last year our customers have been using their services more than ever, and data use on our network has increased by up to 95%. With many people working from home and relying on our services to keep in touch with family and friends, it’s been even more vital that we keep people connected.

We need to continue investing in our network to meet this demand and ensure our broadband service continues to deliver the fastest widely-available speeds in the UK. We’re investing more than £1bn in our network – helping to improve performance and reliability for our customers.

At the same time, we have supported our customers with a range of upgrades and new services at no extra cost. Whether that’s giving more than a million customers a free speed boost, upgrading millions of Hubs with more reliable and even faster WiFi, offering even more customers the chance to get their hands on our V6 TV box or providing new content and channels, we’re committed to giving our customers access to the best content and worry-free connectivity.
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes Gareth

But you can understand customer's consternation, one month they negotiate a contract for 18 months and the next the price goes up ( I negotiated my deal in September because you were going to raise my price, so I dont know where you get off saying that there has been no price rise in 18 months I was instructed of a price rise in September.

and then wow....you are actually blaming us for using the service....really?? every company needs to invest but it is unusual to generate that investment from an inflation busting rise in costs. This is "how not to treat customers 101". It's not Virgin's fault for a price rise, its you customers using the service so much....all I can say is wow you have some nerve.

So the arguments are weak and the way your 'negotiators' pitch deals to customers is lacking. I have said this before that, we are trapped, it isn't easy to switch fibre providers in the middle of a freakin pandemic; minimally I would need both providers working before I could cut one off.