Menu
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 51 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price increase

@KingstonGraham wrote:

Hi,

I got a new contract on 14th Jan, starting immediately. Now have received a letter saying that price will increase by £4, but based on information on 6th Jan.

May I ask what services you get from Virgin, just wondering how your rise compares.

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos
NeilLondon99
On our wavelength
Message 52 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Hello Megan,

So are you saying that if we are currently in a 12 or 18 month contract with a clearly defined monthly service charge, and that any discounts/promotional offers/goodwill payments etc (either in £s or %) run for length of that contract, then the monthly service charge will remain the same until that contract expires? 

Whilst the t&c's may allow price increases mid-contract, most people taking out a 12 or 18 month contract would expect to pay the same amount each month, unless they have been clearly made aware otherwise, especially if the forwarded contract says your monthly service charge will be so much until a specified date.

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 53 of 102
Flag for a moderator

I think its best to say that if when taking a contract it specifically promises a price fix/promise and this is 'specifically' stated as part of the contract in writing then your price is fixed for as long as promised,otherwise contracts would be held to terms and conditions which state prices may and can be increased with notice and with the option to leave penalty free.

I've seen Virgin offer a price promise on Gig1 Broadband when it started rolling out last year, and I believe I've seen similar offered on some bundles 'however' these are all for new customers.

Existing customers getting new contracts has always (in my experience with many accounts) been latest standard pricing with a fixed discount applied on bills, and those accounts like 2 of my 3 accounts (renewed in October 2020) are facing increases.

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 54 of 102
Flag for a moderator

No Megan is saying that your discount applies but the total cost is going up but you get the same discount— so add 4 £ to your bill

it is the most ridiculous pricing; 

I signed for 18 months 46£ for 200mb and one v6 box with Max it—- but it turns out 46 is not my contract price and 18 months is not the period of that price so +4 for me and of course switching in lockdown is not easy or possible in some cases

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 55 of 102
Flag for a moderator

@machineghost wrote:

and of course switching in lockdown is not easy or possible in some cases

Don't be fooled, I've actually found it easier than I thought.

I ordered Thursday night and got confirmation off new line installation by Openreach on 4th Feb, also got Sky TV coming on Wednesday to install.

0 Kudos
KingstonGraham
Tuning in
Message 56 of 102
Flag for a moderator

So if I was told "it will by £88" a week ago, it will stay as £88?

My contract says £88 until 14th July 2022, then £127. Does that mean I have a discount and it will go up? If so, that would be ridiculous.

My communication was based on the contract I had on the 6th January, which I have since renegotiated. 

Thanks,

Graham

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 57 of 102
Flag for a moderator

I would say that no it shouldn't because you would 'in my opinion' be on the latest standard pricing which is what Virgin 'should' be bringing existing customers in line with,

However I would still say that based on the statements above from Virgin, and the trend I've seen up to now, you will face the increase but as they say 'still keep your discount'

I'm sorry I couldn't be more clear or give a definitive answer but we all see what we're working with here (with the lack of info from Virgin)

Maybe share a picture of your contract (minus the sensitive info obviously) and we will be able to read between the lines.

KingstonGraham
Tuning in
Message 58 of 102
Flag for a moderator

KingstonGraham_0-1611509766775.png

Think that's got rid of anything personal. Don't really want sports, especially in SD only, but it was quoted as cheaper with than without 🙄.

Also, why would they do an SD only package of anything these days?? 

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 59 of 102
Flag for a moderator

OK, just gotta wait for a moderator to approve the image and I'll take a look but I'll share what my contracts on different accounts look like and then we can distinguish the differences.

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 60 of 102
Flag for a moderator

@KingstonGraham wrote:

So if I was told "it will by £88" a week ago, it will stay as £88?

My contract says £88 until 14th July 2022, then £127. Does that mean I have a discount and it will go up? If so, that would be ridiculous.

My communication was based on the contract I had on the 6th January, which I have since renegotiated. 

Thanks,

Graham

What costs you £88? share package please

0 Kudos