Flag for a moderator

Re: Price increase

Not so simple when you can’t get through! 🤷‍♀️

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 42 of 102
Flag for a moderator

don't just look at total cost try working out cost per mbps and you will see that from a speed to cost VM is miles ahead of most. But if people don't need the top speeds VM is not the place to be
0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 43 of 102
Flag for a moderator

I agree, getting hold of customer service lately is awful, I have never experienced such bad availability of a representative to speak to in VM, another company blaming covid for poor response times. I might be wrong but alot of people i know who work in some form of customer service now have transitioned from a call centre to home. So i dont understand the companies excuse except maybe laying off staff using the covid excuse thus reducing cost to the detriment of customers service.

Despite 151 and 150 being engaged last week, this week only 151 engaged , and leaving Terri the bot on my web chat for hours and in parallel leaving phone on with the dire music waiting for a real person to answer, I did get through to a real person after an hour... via the phone , then get told no Wifi pods or boosters till 15 feb.

I will be doing the same in a month!!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
NeilLondon99
On our wavelength
Message 44 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Didn't realise my post would get so many replies, but given the subject matter, I suppose I shouldn't be that surprised.

Even though the t&c's probably allow for a mid contract price increase, that is not how most people who have recently taken out an 18 month contract believing the price will remain the same will see it. To borrow from Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park "Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should."

Given the current situation a lot of people find themselves in, not of their making, this annoucement might have been better to hold back until later in the year or a longer lead time provided, so people could plan better. Think more flexibility might be part of a resolution, by allowing people to recontract for 18 months at a price closer to their original, thereby retaining a customer.

Not for everyone I realise, but calling around 9 to 10am on weekends is usually a good time to get through. I always speak to retentions on 150, then options 1,1, 4, 4. Good luck everyone!

Gunnermarsh
Settling in
Message 45 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone who has had the same email re price increase

I took out a new contract in Dec 20 and negotiated a discount so i would pay a fixed amount each month. i got the letter re an extra £4.5 pm from March 1st and when i researched the website believed i wouldn't need to pay it as i was on a new contract and it was fixed price.

Called VM today ( actually got through after only 25mins on hold at 9am) and spoke to Leela who stated that i would not have to pay it because of the reasons i mention above. She also stated that she looked at my future bill and no charge was applied (not sure how she could see into the future) but anyway notes kept on conversation just in case! She did say EVERYONE got the letter/email re the increase.Also if a charge was levied to call back and it would be reversed.

Bottom line... if you have taken out a recent contract and for a fixed price per month it looks like there will be no increase but should you be charged you should get it reversed. 

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 46 of 102
Flag for a moderator

My message to people is, you have the letter you will see an increase in your price.

Virgin's message regarding those who don't get it is very confusing and misleading but quite simply unless your bundle includes a discount as standard (not one added after) then your covered.

Bundles with built in discounts would be something that normally applies to new customers.

I have 3 accounts, one is new bundle taken in December as a new customer, it is unaffected, my other two accounts where negotiated as new contracts in October and November, both getting the increase.

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos
KingstonGraham
Tuning in
Message 47 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I got a new contract on 14th Jan, starting immediately. Now have received a letter saying that price will increase by £4, but based on information on 6th Jan.

I assume my new price won't go up.

Anyone know?

Ta,

Graham

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 48 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Hi KingstonGraham, 

Thanks for using our forums to get this question answered. Any discount that you’ve been offered for the 12/18 months will still be honoured – so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive that until the end of the discount period. If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from the 1st March.

We will advise you in your communication how the price change will affect your deal.
I hope this helps, 

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 49 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Your price going up, negotiating a price doesn’t mean anything, they can increase or decrease by any amount with no regard to their contract

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 50 of 102
Flag for a moderator

@MeganL - May I just make you aware that regardless of how its explained it doesn't help customers at all.

When negotiating a deal customers and the retention team will focus on the monthly price, they will likely not even discuss the standard pricing or the discount.

As I've said from start of this and other threads, Virgin have been less then transparent about the price increases.

A breakdown of service vs. price rise should have been published from the start.

All you have done here is ABSOLUTELY p***** off your customers.

All I can say is the days on monopolizing the market is quickly coming to an end.

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.