Menu
AlexanderMTTH
Up to speed
Message 31 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price increase

Thank you for this. And the Ofcom referral.

So we're still not sure if the "discount" and all will stop the price increase.

Am I right in assuming that most answers here don't seem to be confined the PRICE INCREASE will NOT be applied if you're under a negotiated contract within a contractual timeframe?

Seem a bit odd, if that's the case...
Thanks and regards,
Alexander
0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 32 of 102
Flag for a moderator

I was told that the timeframe is not relevant

0 Kudos
Bev68
Tuning in
Message 33 of 102
Flag for a moderator

When I came out of contract in July I called up and agreed to a new price for 18 months, I’ve been told on here through dm that it’s not a fixed price it’s discount so the price increase will happen 🤷‍♀️  Why is this never made clear, is this virgins way of being able to put prices up!!  I was advised to text virgin, I did so, you get an automated bot that is still learning 🤔 it can’t help so your put in a queue for a human to contact you within 4 hours, I had 3 days of this and no human!  So looks like I’m stuck with increase as virgin are impossible to contact 😡

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 34 of 102
Flag for a moderator

its in the T&C best to read to what you are agreeing to
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 35 of 102
Flag for a moderator

It’s in the T&C that they won’t answer the phone and that there is a distinction between a negotiated fix price and a negotiated discounted price?

i doubt it?

i think you will find that T&C do not give company power to do anything

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 36 of 102
Flag for a moderator

the T&C gives VM the right to put up prices and you the right to cancel because of it.
And you agreed to that
0 Kudos
techifan
Superfast
Message 37 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Quote from the Forum Team earlier in this thread.

"Any discount that you’ve been offered for the 12/18 months will still be honoured – so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive that until the end of the discount period.  If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from the 1st March."

The point that many of us are asking is why customers who have negotiated a fixed price discount will not have a price increase whereas those that have negotiated a £ or % price discount will ?

They are both effectively discounted deals that customers have signed up to in good faith.

impy1
Tuning in
Message 38 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Think we need to accept price rise, try and get a better discount or leave, but I've looked and for me personally don't think virgin prices any dearer than BT or Sky 

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 39 of 102
Flag for a moderator

The simple solution is to phone up and renegotiate and if your not happy with what can be offered then you can choose to leave. Customer since 2002!!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 40 of 102
Flag for a moderator

If you add up the package and try and replicate it with sky , with the caveat the sky q is a bit better but broadband is no where near the speeds of VM , i would say VM is better value. I am utlimate oomph Gig1 paying much higher than a new customer but still less than anything close on Sky.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos