Flag for a moderator

Re: Price increase

Hi Helitron

Thanks for posting.

Please refer to the communication you received regarding this price change

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 102
Flag for a moderator

clearly dreamed up or picked from a hat. If they can't give any reason its random
0 Kudos
artuk
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 102
Flag for a moderator

I am in a similar situation and as I understand, if an ISP increases the price during a contract period, then the customer can leave that contract without penalty, I've now discovered Sky offer me the same deal as Virgin for £10 a month less after this price increase. I do not understand why ISPs insist on a contract when the contract is worthless as it does not protect the customer from price increases, the contract only protects the ISP from losing customers.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 14 of 102
Flag for a moderator

"then the customer can leave that contract without penalty"
Correct that is in the T&C as well
0 Kudos
Graham2169
Joining in
Message 15 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Excuse my ignorance, my current 18 month discounted contract started on 13th August last year & expires on 22nd February 2022. The price increase information I received today will not take effect until after that date or I could opt to cancel contract without any fees. Is this correct?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 16 of 102
Flag for a moderator

if your price is not going up you can't cancel. you'll have to wait until the end of your contract
brandscill
Fibre optic
Message 17 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Price increase for me as well.

My promotion is £16 off the bill which means that when the base price increases by £3.50 on the 1st march my overall price will go up.

Called up and cancelled. Was paying £24 in October, then had to renew at £26 and now I'm going to be paying £29.50. Best part is if you sign up today via Money Saving Expert you can have the exact same for £24 with a £120 Amazon Voucher.
Pam59_Leeds
Joining in
Message 18 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham, I did exactly the same i.e. my contract ends in February 2022 and the email I've received doesn't mention anything about honouring current contracts. I tried ringing them and contacting them online but have not had any luck. Phone constantly engaged and nowhere on the web that I could find the information. We just want it confirmed that our contract will be honoured until 2022.
It is so frustrating not being able to contact Virgin
Pam
gaz31
Tuning in
Message 19 of 102
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same boat, only renenewd in December with a £14 discount until June 2022 but my email says nothing about honouring the price and says price will go up £3.50 from March 1st.
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 20 of 102
Flag for a moderator

So they are they aren't honouring new contracts, just honouring certain bundles I guess???

Or they just don't know what they are doing.

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.