cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre -contract emails

klm50
Joining in

I looked online at my offers . I did click on to look 4 times because I was trying to decide which new package was best. At no time did I click on to accept any.  I have received 4 pre-contract documents. ( order documents ) in my emails.  This should not have happened . 
will I now get charged 4 times for something I have not even consented to or asked for.? 
How do I sort this out please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi klm50 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble when looking at alternative packages online. The Pre-Contract Information is simply for your own records, and can be useful when comparing the best package for you as it shows the exact contract you would receive.

Rest assured, that even though you may have received the Pre-Contract Information, this does not automatically sign you into a new contract or charge you - you must consent to a Pre-Contract before a full contract is generated and processed. Consenting to a Pre-Contract is done through the documents themselves, or via the email you receive through a direct link.

If you haven't clicked to consent, then this wouldn't be processed, and you wouldn't be charged. The non-consented Pre-Contract details will automatically expire within a couple of weeks.

I hope that clears things up. Please do let us know if you have any further questions and we'll be happy to assist.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi klm50 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble when looking at alternative packages online. The Pre-Contract Information is simply for your own records, and can be useful when comparing the best package for you as it shows the exact contract you would receive.

Rest assured, that even though you may have received the Pre-Contract Information, this does not automatically sign you into a new contract or charge you - you must consent to a Pre-Contract before a full contract is generated and processed. Consenting to a Pre-Contract is done through the documents themselves, or via the email you receive through a direct link.

If you haven't clicked to consent, then this wouldn't be processed, and you wouldn't be charged. The non-consented Pre-Contract details will automatically expire within a couple of weeks.

I hope that clears things up. Please do let us know if you have any further questions and we'll be happy to assist.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Andyvir1470
Joining in

'Consenting to a Pre-Contract is done through the documents themselves, or via the email you receive through a direct link.'

This is not true, just had pre contracts sent to us in email but never consented to in the document or any email and they have just put us on a new contract without consent.  Ive put in another forum post but no one has responded!  My mother is elderly and they have taken advantage when she didnt really understand,  she just signed a contract in february then yesterday phoned her selling a new contract she didnt want!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Andyvir1470,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! I'm sorry to hear about your pre-contract issues! I can see that you're speaking to a member of staff over Private Message.

I can see that they responded to you latest message. Please get back to them when you can. They'll be able to assist with this further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ke1z
Joining in

I have just had the same issue. I saw an option to upgrade broadband to M500 for an extra £7 so click on find out more. I change the broadband to 1gig as that wasn’t much more and clicked next to find out what the total contract price would be. As it’s quite a bit more and my contract don’t end just yet I clicked the back button to get back out of it, however I have now received a pre-contract. There is no option to accept within the email or the documents and says to check you are happy what you are agreeing to…..however I didn’t agree to anything!! Please can someone check? 

Hi @Ke1z 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

What does the online account package show? If it's changed, not to worry, either call the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 or message via Whatsapp on +447305 327 112. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill