cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please verify cancellation by email as promised

FedUP12345
Tuning in

After a LOT of hassle I've managed to cancel Virgin but am awaiting email confirmation detailing last payment date, last day of services etc

I've rung up to ask for it to be sent only to be messed around as is Virgin's way. 

I do not want to go through the hassle of contacting OFCOM and CISAS as I've been through that with Virgin before due to their diabolical customer service.

Please send me the requested email confirmation as per the above. 

10 REPLIES 10

dhen14345
Joining in
Hello! If you already requested to book your disconnection, you will receive your email confirmation within 24-48hrs when you book your disconnection. In your final bill, you will still receive a usual billing date on your billing email. If I'm not mistaken, the customer service must explain your final bill as well as your disconnection date unless you requested your LL number (if you have though) to your new provider. Hope this will help.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FedUP12345,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to get confirmation surrounding your disconnection. I'll be happy to check this for you.

I've sent you over a private message, please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks

Beth

Bravo virgin you agreed to cancel my services with service ending 29th apr and have since cut off my services completely.

It is amazing how useless you are. After more calls it seems nobody can reinstate the service I just have to wait till the automated system does so. Wouldn't want to involve a human and fix the problems.

Hi FedUP12345,

Sorry to hear this, I can see you are in a chat with a colleague, please provide the information requested and we will try to get this resolved for you.

Regards

Paul.

@FedUP12345 wrote:

Bravo virgin you agreed to cancel my services with service ending 29th apr and have since cut off my services completely.

It is amazing how useless you are. After more calls it seems nobody can reinstate the service I just have to wait till the automated system does so. Wouldn't want to involve a human and fix the issue

Of course, hypothetically, if you have registered a ‘total loss of service’, which presumably is what has happened, then give them the required two working days, and then as of Wednesday, they are obliged to pay you some £8.25 per day until they manage to get you reconnected. Naturally, they will squirm and deny you are entitled to it, (oh yes, you are), and it’ll end up at the Ombudsman Service, in which case you will have the possibly added satisfaction of knowing that it costs VM a couple of hundred pounds once said service has agreed that you have a valid case.

I have replied to that message still waiting services to be reconnected. 

Can VM  get anything right? Simply reconnect now then end services on 29th of April as agreed by phone - I'm STILL awaiting email confirmation of that phone call despite numerous requests. 

Utterly exasperating trying to deal with anyone at VM. 

I have been through it b4 with Virgin thru CISAS, OFCOM and GDPR on a different account. VM are the worst company I've ever dealt with. It took 9 months to resolve things.

They make promises then deny things. Promise to do things but don't. Their word means nothing. 

Never again will I deal VM, incompetence at every turn.

My apologies @FedUP12345 

The agent that is supporting you via private message will be able to assist further with any concerns or questions you may have. Please direct anything further to your already open private message as we'll be able to support you quicker from this point. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Can VM get anything right? You now also sent me a bill by email showing the below which is obviously yet another mistake in this ongoing farce. Please confirm this has been sent in error. Is there anyone at VM that knows what they're doing? This is so ridiculous

Your next bill will be generated on 19th April 2023
Your next payment is due on 10th May 2023

Your new monthly bundle cost is: £53.00*.
Your next bill will be £76.62* which includes CR £2.55 to cover your changes up until your next bill period. There is also a one-off charge of £26.17 for installation or activation.