Menu
Disorder
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Password reset error page

Hello,

I'm trying to reset the password to log into My Virgin Media however each time I try I'm greeted by the "oops something went wrong" page. I've tried doing it on various devices and with different browsers and they all lead to the same error page.

I've been trying every other day for a few weeks now and I'm pretty sure it's not an issue my end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
sandman112
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Password reset error page

ive got he same problem, I had previously reset my password using website (was logged in) now it says that new password is incorrect and I cannot reset it as there is an error when submitting new password … pretty hopeless really

there is security and there is ridiculous, advised to change password as its commonly used and now I cant log in and I cant reset, no chance of speaking to anyone unless im willing to wait 24hrs on an online chat. yet if I want to upgrade my services I can get a chat agent in less than 2 mins … something wrong there I think, so much for prioritising vulnerable customers, typical VM prioritising paying customers

0 Kudos
sandman112
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Don’t know if this helps anyone but I’ve just discovered that my old original password still worked, turns out that password changes just aren’t happening, even after logging back in and changing the password it doesn’t actually change, just stays the same, despite onscreen confirmation and getting an email from them saying it’s been changed

Edit ... when I say old I mean previous password, not the one I was issues with from vm way back at day 1

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Disorder,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community forums. Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty registering your account online. I'll send you a PM to get your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi sandman112,

Thanks for your post and reaching out. Sorry to hear that the password reset isn't working for you. Can you clarify if this is occurring with the password reset option before you log in or is it the password change settings after you log in and go to your Profile Settings?

Cheers

Corey C

0 Kudos
sandman112
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Both

no matter which method I try to use to change the password it doesn’t change

if I’m logged and change it from my profile area, it appears to work, website confirms password change and email received to confirm this but password doesn’t change

if I use the forgot password options, put in secret answer and date of birth, input new password then it comes up with an error page saying something is broken

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK thanks for clarifying. I'll send you a PM to get your account details.

0 Kudos