cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packages

MalandBren75
Dialled in

Any ideas how to speak to UK retention team, the overseas team are really unhelpful, my package going up from £70 pm to £106 pm yet same package for new customs £45, obviously VM do not reward loyalty as I have been customer since day 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi MalandBren75 

There is no direct number to UK agents in any department. All calls are processed through the same IVR system and are sent to the first available agent irrespective of location.

You could try calling around 8am when lines first open and are least busy as that should provide a greater probability of speaking to UK based agent.

You won't receive a new customer offer no matter who you speak to, however do your homework first and price up similar deals with other providers. Also determine what you actually need from VM.  Do you need the current level of speed?  Also look at if  you need a new sim. VM now have the Volt packages which  double your data and broadband speed, so it might be worthwhile taking out a lower broadband speed on a Volt bundle which would double your broadband speed .

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi MalandBren75 

There is no direct number to UK agents in any department. All calls are processed through the same IVR system and are sent to the first available agent irrespective of location.

You could try calling around 8am when lines first open and are least busy as that should provide a greater probability of speaking to UK based agent.

You won't receive a new customer offer no matter who you speak to, however do your homework first and price up similar deals with other providers. Also determine what you actually need from VM.  Do you need the current level of speed?  Also look at if  you need a new sim. VM now have the Volt packages which  double your data and broadband speed, so it might be worthwhile taking out a lower broadband speed on a Volt bundle which would double your broadband speed .

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there MalandBren75,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear we can't come to an agreement on the package, all of our customers would've received an introductory offer when joining us, from there the team will try to offer the most suitable package they can.

The contact number we have is 0345 454 1111/150 if calling from a VM landline however as stated above we don't have a direct UK contact centre number I'm afraid.

Regards,

Kain