Menu
Mclean214
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Package problems

Upgraded tv package received confirmation via email. Still await new channels.

customer service will not help unless I give them my bank code although I provided order number,account number and last bill date and cost.

Given advice from bank not to give account details over the phone I find customer service very unhelpful.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package problems

Taking your C/S password issues out of the equation, it sounds like you've just got a problem with your new TV channels/package not being active on your V6?

If so, and you've received the confirmation of changes being made - try following Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels

That should re-sync your box's EPG with your account package - so if your account has been changed, this will rectify.

On the issue of your account password, it sounds like the VM C/S agent is doing all the right things by asking alternate questions in order to access your account. If you called into VM via the recognised number (150 or 0345 4541111), then there shouldn't be a problem quoting your bank details to them. You bank's advice not to give such details would be absolutely valid in the case of unsolicited outbound calls.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mclean214

How are things now

I am hoping from the lack of a response to @japitts advice that everything is okay 

If its not then please let me know 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Mclean214
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not really. I was promised a letter/email with a link to to reset my password.

I find it hard to accept the problems that I have to upgrade my TV programs which would result in more income to virgin.

To be honest if I was not tied down to a contract I would cancel my subscription to virgin media immediately.

John Mclean 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Let's rewind a little then - what is the issue you're having with your password? I'm assuming that you've forgotten your telephone-C/S password and - rightly - C/S won't accept any account instruction without that being rectified.

This post is now probably better in the a/c management section, but... did the C/S agent try asking you some alternative questions to establish your identity as the account holder? I won't speculate publicly as to what those questions could be, but I'm thinking details that only the a/c holder should know.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mclean214
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes they asked me my account number, date and cost of last bill which I gave them. I accept CS must insure the security is correct but their attitude is not good. My last contact just cut me of with music and I still await the link to change my password.

this is the first time I have ever had problems with c s usually they go out of their way to help you .

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mclean214,

Our apologies for any continued frustration with this. 

When were you advised the letter would be sent out?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Mclean214
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Password

wondering if any has a problem with customer service telling you they would send letter/email within 5 working days with a link to reset password.it’s now over 3 weeks and I still await letter/email.

John Mclean 

0 Kudos