Menu
Highlighted
Cassterix
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Package downgrade pricing

Hi folks,

I'm really just posting this to try to get attention from a Virgin representative, but any advice is appreciated!

My 12 month deal ended last month and my bills have shot up to £60+.  I can't afford this and want to take a new deal and remove the TV and phone but keep the internet connection.

I've called the accounts dept a couple of times now but I'm getting no-where with the advisers.  They're telling me that the cheapest available is £54, which doesn't really help my finances at all.

I don't even use the TV or phone line!  I just want to downgrade to either the £29 or £34 broadband + talk weekends packages as they seem to be the cheapest for what I actually want from Virgin.

Can anyone offer any advice, or can a Virgin rep please get in touch?

Thanks,

Cass

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package downgrade pricing

Hi Cassterix,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page.

Unfortunately, this isn't something we are able to help you with from here, however, if you speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 5, they will be more than happy to look into this for you and do their best to find a package to suit you.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Cassterix
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They were the exact offshore team that I just spoke with who put me on hold for 30+ minutes...  Is there really no other way to deal with this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry for the wait time Cassterix, they are the best team to speak to with regards to this.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
SuMay
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Any luck on haggling? I got an initial offer to downgrade from £45 (200mb + evening calls), to £37 (100mb + evening calls). But elsewhere like Plusnet and TalkTalk all offering £28 for switching with 65mb + evening calls.

Anyone got a better haggling deal than £37 per month?

0 Kudos