cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over charged

Momac65
Joining in

Despite changing to a new package almost 3 weeks ago, I have been charged for my old package AND an additional charge.  When the bill came in, I immediately called and was given a new figure. I have seen that additional charges become a credit on my account but that doesn’t help when they have taken the money out of my account . What is the quickest way to get a refund? 

9 REPLIES 9

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Momac65

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding your billing issue, I'm sorry to hear that you were charged an additional charge. I have checked our systems and can see that you were advised about the Indemnity Claim Procedure during your recent call. Do you still need further assistance with this?

Kind regards,

Serena

Thanks for replying Serena. Yes I was advised about the indemnity claim. However, as I have a bill for £191, my bank are highly unlikely to refund.  I then show as a missed payment with Virgin if they do refund.  I think it is disgraceful that Virgin can take the incorrect amount and refuse to return any overpayment.  I am now, supposedly in credit till April, that is assuming my account has actually been adjusted this time.  I am in a very fortunate position that the extra money did not put me overdrawn.  Some people would not be.  Virgin need to sort out their billing system and introduce a way to refund overpayments to actually benefit the customer, not the company. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Momac65,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue. I am very sorry to hear that this has been your experience with us and that you have been billed incorrectly. 

We do understand how this can put some customers in difficult situations, and we apologise that this happened to you. Now that you're in credit on your account, this will be shown on your next monthly bills. I'm glad that you have been able to have this issue resolved, but sorry that it was an issue in the first place. 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help in the meanitme.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina, thanks for getting back to me.  It is totally incorrect to say that I have had my issue resolved.  Virgin have my money and won’t refund the overpayment.  Not a resolution in my eyes.  More like.... we have your money, claim back through your bank if you want it back, don’t expect us to do anything to help.... now move along....

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Momac65

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

For credit on the account to be put back into your account it would need to be an indemnity claim to get this back. This wouldn't class as a missed payment?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Still doesn't help Travis.  Virgin made the mistake, virgin should sort it out... simple 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

My apologies for the inconvenience, the team have provided the correct information.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Just because the information is right doesn't mean it is good or even acceptable customer service 🤔 

Hi @Momac65, thanks for your reply.

I can only reiterate my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Many thanks

Tom_W