cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order confirmed but no contract received

Tjwardley
Joining in

Hello,

I ordered Virgin Media broadband online on 18th May with an engineer installation date of tomorrow. 

I need WiFi ASAP as I work from home and have been hotspotting from my phone for the last 2 weeks and looking forward to tomorrow to finally have WiFi installed. 

I have called the pre installation team multiple times but the people I have spoke  to have been extremely unhelpful. 

Is the engineer coming tomorrow? Do I have a contract with Virgin? What is going on? I thought Virgin were meant to be good for customer service?? 

Order confirmation email below:

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for choosing Virgin Media, here’s a summary of your order. We’ll send confirmation of your engineer installation date soon.

Your order summary

Order reference

CH2011148426

Order date:

Package

M100 Fibre Broadband

Selected engineer install date:

5 REPLIES 5

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tjwardley

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear of your concerns over your installation. I can see on our systems that you spoke with us regarding your installation yesterday. Were you able to get the support and confirmation you needed? Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be here to help if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the support or confirmation I needed. The conversations were very difficult with a lot of background noise and lack of clarity from the advisors. 

I still don't know whether the service will be installed today or whether I am under contract with Virgin. Please can you help provide clarity on this? 

Tom

Sorry to hear this was confirmed for you Tom. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

For anybody reading this post, Virgin could not provide a solution to the problem, nor an update on the status of the order or the contract. Virgin have been very unhelpful and I'm extremely disappointed in their customer service. 

We ended up ordering with BT instead and their communication and customer service has been excellent so far - much better than we experienced with Virgin. I would recommend anyone to consider BT or another company instead. 

Hi Tjwardley

I'm sorry you feel this way and that we were not able to resolve this installation/order query for you. As mentioned, without providing me any account or residential information, I would not be able to help further at my side, as I would not be able to locate your account. Without answer the security questions, I would also not be able to discuss the account with you. 

My apologies that the pre-installation team were not very helpful in assisting you with your order concerns. We do wish you all the best with your new provider.  

Here to help 🙂
Carley