Menu
markal1
Tuning in
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Online Upgrade Issues?

Spidey

My apologies if it seems i have hijacked your thread, not intentional, it looks like i answered you by mistake instead of the thread i started and now im being helped on your thread - apologies, hope you dont mind and hopefully we can both get sorted. 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi markal1. Thanks for providing the screenshots I have sent these over to a manager to see if anything can be done. Chris

0 Kudos
Spidey1978
Tuning in
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris_W1

I haven't had any package yet - this is what I signed up for online from the order confirmation e-mail.

Spidey1978_1-1613050296247.png

Spidey1978_2-1613050405361.png

Spidey1978_3-1613050459506.png

Then I had an e-mail saying I needed to contact Virgin as they need some information to process the order, but when I ring no-one I speak to seems to know anything about the order or what information they need to process it. I just seem to go round in an infinite loop from one person not knowing anything to another.

I'd be really grateful if you are able to help. I have all the reference numbers (although they seem useless to anyone I speak to on the phone).

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Spidey1978
Tuning in
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

No problem Markal1 - good luck - hope you are getting somewhere.

Spidey1978
Tuning in
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Anyone able to help? Chris_W1? My previous contract is about to run out and I've just been charged a large amount when I should be on the new order by now, yet still no-one can help me with whatever the problem there supposedly is with the order I made in good faith. I don't want to have to take this to a complaint because then it will take even longer! I just need someone to take ownership and get it sorted!

0 Kudos
Spidey1978
Tuning in
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Getting beyond a joke - thought I'd try the online chat this time.

Gave them all the details I have been sent - reference number from confirmation e-mail, reference from e-mail asking me to contact them and then I get:

"Joseph, I don't see any online order on your account, but I see for the above package, it will cost you 66 pounds along with the one off charge of 135 pounds for TV box upgrade to v6."

No thanks - that is not what I signed up for - in fact, it is 14 pounds a month more and £100 extra to upgrade the box than I had signed up for.

It is getting close to having to have CISAS involved I am thinking - what a waste of my time. 20 years customer - signed up for something in good faith and then mucked around - what a state Virgin's systems must be in. 

markal1
Tuning in
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have also been a customer for 20 + years, the problem is they don't care.

I ended up having to pay the full price £20 a month over the "upgrade" price they offered me, I had to make this decision because I cant be without broadband due to working from home.

They never replied to my emails, they never called me back and a manager never called me as a result of this thread. 

You can't make a complaint because their complaints page doesn't work. 

There are examples of Virgin Medias bait advertising and poor customer service all over this forum, I am making a complaint to Trading Standards under the unfair trading regulations and I will share my experience online, like many others have, 1.2 Trustpilot score speaks for itself. 

0 Kudos
Mally_BUK
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I feel your pain i too am a longstanding customer and have an unresolved problem with virgin. There are two problems here 1) you are a loyal customer and as such can be ignored by customer services 2) your problem isn't on the script they are reading so they can't help you.

Only New customers get the deal of deals and access to customer support that can actually solve problems. Good luck in trying to fix this you will need it

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Spidey1978.  I am sorry your issue with your monthly package has not been resolved yet.

I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos