Menu
SF51
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Old email for ebilling needs changed

After years of not being able to and going round in very frustrating circles trying to (I couldn't access bill online to enter last bill details to verify who I was) I finally managed to get help to gain access to my "My Virgin Media" account today.

However, the customer service guy (3rd of the day who thankfully did reset my log-in to now being my current email address) couldn't wait to get off the phone and assured me it would all be straightforward from there and he was closing the ticket.

It wasn't straightforward. Next page showed another old email address for my eBilling and asked for a PIN, which I didn't have. After 3 complete guesses it said it had sent me another PIN...... to the old (now defunct) email address!

So I'm stuck in limbo. I need that old email address changed to my current email address (which Virgin had somehow - they emailed me yesterday on it to tell me my contract had run out - I'm still waiting for the confirmation email for my new contract discussed on phone yesterday, but that's a different issue!).

I phoned customer services (my 4th call today) who after lots of long silences  told me he needed to raise a ticket that may take up to 5 working days for someone to reply to. However after a bit of a moan on Twitter I was pointed in this direction, so here we are....

(I note this is a regular-ish occurence - so you'd think it would maybe get addressed by Virgin to stop it from happening and frustrating/irritating their customers....)

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old email for ebilling needs changed

Good morning @SF51 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had this issue,  I have just had a quick peek into your account using the information you have provided here. 

I can see that there has been an IT ticket raised regarding this, I can also see that you have spoken with someone today regarding this, If they haven't covered everything you need to know and we can look further into this for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
SF51
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak.

I've had a message from someone (while I was asleep) this morning, then when I replied, I got the automated response which has transferred me to  'someone who can help me further' who I haven't had any response from yet. I haven't actually communicated with anyone 'human' this morning, and have wasted another 2 hours waiting for a response, so if you can do anything to help that would be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me, 

I just want to confirm, Is the issues you are having with the Ebilling pin or has that issue been resolved? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
SF51
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the issue is that I'm being asked for a PIN number that I don't have and when I try 3 random numbers in I get a message saying a new PIN has been sent to my eBilling email address - which is an old one that no longer exits therefore I can't access the new PIN. Either I need a PIN directly to me, so I can enter it, or the email address needs changed to the same one as my (new) log-in so I can see it - which if the forner I hope I will be able to do myself on next page.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for coming back to me, 

I have just taken a look at the IT ticket raised, It says that the issues is now resolved, I am going to drop you a PM so that I can inform you of the new pin. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

bennymo
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Please help I have the same issue and ive literally tried everything I can t get in and I cant access the original email account as its an old account I no longer have access to. Please help

veelmes
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The same issue here
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi veelmes,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're also having an issue accessing your online account.

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos