Menu
Donnaruddock74
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Old account cheque refund issue

Hi,

I received a letter with a cheque attached.  It say it's a refund from an old account I once had. Is this a scam. Plus if it's not the name on the cheque is my new surname which as for reasons that are too long and confusing to go into is not the same as my bank so couldn't put check in. If this is not a scam then I would need cheque to be sent in my another name. Can anyone help 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old account cheque refund issue

Hi Donnaruddock74,

Welcome to the Community Forums. Thank you for taking the time to post here. I'm very sorry for our delayed response.

Once your services have been disconnected will we produce a final bill. This is produced up to 30 days after your disconnection, which gives time for any changes you’ve made since your last bill to show on your account.

If it turns out you’ve got some credit on your account, we’ll pop that amount on a cheque and send it to you in the post. We allow up to 14 days for your cheque to be delivered., so if your account disconnection does line up with these dates, it's likely to be genuine. The cheque would be send out into the name which your account was registered under.

Have you been able to get this checked since posting? Let me know if you are still unsure and we can verify this for you via PM.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos