cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notice to Cancel

stevepetts372
Tuning in

I recieved a letter today informing me of a £37 increase in my monthly payment starting 25 July. One of the options given was to cancel but clearly can't give 30 days notice having only recieved the letter on the 9th. I tried to ammend the package, found a £20+ Racing Channel subscription I never asked for and was disconnected twice very conveniently. I decided I'd push on with cancelling and was again disconnected twice by individuals not wishing to deal with my issue.

Can a mod please dm me on this? - I appreciate you don't normally do cancellations this was but it's also not normal for customer services to just hang up on you, stick their head in the sand and hope you'll go away

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thecableguy
Up to speed

Submit a complaint to ofcom for them not making it as easy to cancel as to sign up.

"Sorry you had trouble phoning, try phoning" is not good enough imho.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi stevepetts372

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the call experience, this wouldn't have been intentional but apologies nonetheless. 

We're not able to cancel the account from here, you'll need to either call the team back on 150 (Virgin Media phone), 0345 454 1111. Or you can use our WhatsApp Messenger on 07305327112. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

thecableguy
Up to speed

Submit a complaint to ofcom for them not making it as easy to cancel as to sign up.

"Sorry you had trouble phoning, try phoning" is not good enough imho.

John

• 150 and 0345 454 1111 was how I contacting them - the disconnects were completely intentional - people not listening seems to be a trait for Virgin.

crany
Superfast

you can also write to them at Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA and end your contract if you are having problems with the calls

If you date the letter they should honnor it from that date not the date they get the letter

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Stevepetts372, thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you feel this way about our customer support.
Out team would not disconnect the line intentionally, did you manage to speak to them about cancelling your services or you did not have the chance to discuss with them at all?

Please, try reaching us via WhatsApp at +447305 327 112 if a call is not working for you.
Our cancellations team will pick your query up from there.
We cannot handle cancellations requests from this forum, but we will do our best to support you.

Let us know how you get on and if you face any issues getting through to our agents.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

You say they dont intentionally disconnect, so what is it then?

I've called loads over the years and only when it when I'm leaving I get cut off more than once from that dept.

Upgrades or billing no problem, call remains till a solution but 'cancel' NO WAY - we'll make it horrendously difficult and pass you over to a foreign call centre for even more difficulty and make you stay against your wishes.

Just a matter of time before enough people contact the regulator and you're forced to do it.

I know it's not every dept, just certain ones as they're penalised for losing a paying customer.

Community mods should have additional pull to sort the mess of others out as this forum seems to run pretty well 

• Totally in agreement with all that’s being posted sadly I held on to the thinking of leaving line and exactly on the hour mark line went dead, rang again this time was holding for around 7 minutes and then was more or less scoffed at for thinking of going to sky, sadly it seems a trait of recent times and if they don’t get their act together there will be a mass exodus of customers of which I’m one now, what a shame.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stevepetts372 wrote:

I recieved a letter today informing me of a £37 increase in my monthly payment starting 25 July

Just out of interest, was this letter informing you of an increase in your package price? Or the ending of a time-limited promotional discount?

I suspect the latter, and that you've been enjoying a £37/month discount that is expiring.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mrkinny, thanks for the comment. 

Sometimes calls get cut off due to poor connection etc, this is not with intention.
Please be advised all our agents abroad are well trained and efficient too, may I ask if you requested and raised a complaint with our team about any of these issues mentioned on your previous calls with us?

We would never force someone to keep their services on against their will, if that has happened against our policies and procedures let us know and we can help raise a case which will be reviewed by a manager.

Let us know if you are still facing these issues and need our support on this, happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs