cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody Answers The Telephone

Hovis44
Tuning in

I wish to leave Virgin having been with them for 20+ years. My bill for the same service has gone from £69 to £121. I call 150 today options 1,1,4,4 and the call has gone unanswered for just under TWO HOURS. Is this how Virgin stop people cancelling just by simply not answering the phone 

Advice please

Kind regards 

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Hovis44 

The quickest method is by calling around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. This often takes 4-6 hours, although forum staff have been advising the wait time using this method is currently 24 hours..

If writing send it by registered (signed for) post to 

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Hovis44

Thanks for posting on our community forum, I hope you're having a great day.

So sorry to hear that you're looking to leave us, all of our methods of contact are listed above by the very helpful newapollo - I do apologise for the wait times but our team will be happy to look into your package with you via any of the contact methods above.

It would be a real shame to see you go 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Travis @Virgin. Been on your WhatsApp link since 13.36. It is now 15.42. No communication other than please wait other than a member of staff called Sanjay who asked what package I would like to upgrade to despite paragraph stating I want to leave. Shocking Customer Service. I will just wait watching WhatsApp as it is a battle of attrition now 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hovis44 wrote:

My bill for the same service has gone from £69 to £121

There's a good chance here, that the standard price for your services hasn't changed - but a promotional discount you had has expired.

Your bills will confirm whether this is the case, but as per other advice - if you want to renegotiate a new package for the next 18months in exchange for a new time-limited discount, then hang on in there!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Hovis44

Thanks for your reply and sorry to hear about your waiting time.

Our agents will be round to help you as soon as possible and I hope this comes with your ideal resolution, I hope you have a great day.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

fulabeer
On our wavelength

On the phone with them right now. It has been days. I started last month then gave up.

I don't want a deal, i just want to cancel phone and broadband.

I'm also on What's app, and on the webchat online.

All are the same. It doesn't matter what you type, they just keep offering rubbish deals to stay.

They have no interest in the 30 days notice you are trying to give.

So in the end i just kept pasting the same reply. Over and over and over...

"My contract says you need 30 days notice. This is it. No other discussion needs to take place. Please confirm i have given you 30 days notice please"

Next answer from agent

"I can see you are not happy with your current deal"

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I think this practice may be illegal. I'm going to start asking some very important people some questions.

If i cancel my Direct debit, i believe this may affect my credit rating. Yet i cannot cancel Virgin Media, because i cannot get in touch with them.

I see even writing to them doesn't mean they will cancel your services.

How do they get away with this?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@fulabeer wrote:

I don't want a deal, i just want to cancel phone and broadband.

Just to throw something in... if you mean landline phone, then it often attracts bundle discounts that can more than offset its cost. In other words, any given package can often be cheaper with a landline than the same one without.

What you do with that landline is upto you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi fulabeer,

Apologies for the issues faced with this and welcome back to the community.

From checking our service I can see there has been recent contact, has a disconnection notice been placed on the account?

Thanks,

Kain

fulabeer
On our wavelength

Yes, i finally got through yesterday. I'm now in my notice period.

This doesn't change a single thing though.

How can a company legally hinder you from leaving them? The answer is it cannot be legal.

They put so many obstacles in your way, and the whole process is to persuade you from going.

To be put on hold for so long with no guarantee that call won't be cut off, and the whole process has to start again.

Even when you do get a person, that person isn't the person with the means/ability to cancel your contract. They are there to offer you a new deal. They ignore the direct message that you want to cancel. Eventually putting you through to another department which again you have to wait an age.

Again even then, they try to offer you a deal. Why?

You cannot just decide to stop your payments, and hope they cut you off as this can affect your credit history.

Well this practice has to stop. Unfortunately for Virgin, i'm the type who makes a noise. A lot of noise!

I may be leaving (finally!), but this isn't over. I'm going to spend some time getting this exposed. I get the impression that others have tried, but i work for some very rich and important people.

I'm going to demand, a clear and easy path to cancel your services.

Watch this space!