cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer creating account - "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

vmuser4
Tuning in

I've tried 25 different passwords, some actual words, some random, even some using a password generator. All meet the requirements (of varying strength to moderate/strong). No special characters.

I've tried Safari, Chrome, incognito mode, iPhone, iPad, Virgin Media app to create an account.

No matter what I try, I always get "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

Never used the email address with VM before, only to place the order. I've been given an install date, and the email states to login to My Account if I'd like to change it. I have all my account details, but cannot get beyond the registration process where it asks me to create a password.

What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 15.31.19.png

173 REPLIES 173

Dave

You can hardly call me waiting 24 hours for getting a reply to an obvious and quite frankly embarrassing technical issue on your side an expectation of instant messagging.

People have issues to register their account since May as I can see. I got three seperate messagges asking me for details (why not one with all questions in one go?). This dragged the process into 4 days of waiting for help.

I'm sure it's not staff availability or days off that are to blame.

Virgin seem generally dreadful at sorting anything the hub 4 has got a software problem which they've known about since march 21  (16 months) with no fix in sight yet. Sorry not much help to you though. I'm sure they'll sort you eventually.

Once you've been able to clear security checks with my colleague @mskrodzki, they will then be able to proceed with assisting you.

Worth noting that our business hours on our digital platforms are between 8am and 9pm in the week, and 8am and 6pm at weekends.

Staff who work the weekends are issued with Thursday and Friday as their roted days off.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@David_Bn

Worth noting that security questions could have been asked all at once versus 3 times over the course of 3 days. Worth noting that I cannot register since 8.07. Worth noting that I still haven't been helped as of today.

😉

Thanks for your time via PM @mskrodzki

So pleased we could get this sorted and you can now access your online account. 

Feel free to give us a shout if you need help with anything else.

We’ve also got a host of hints and self care tips in our Virgin Media mobile app and our Help & Support area should you need them.

All the best!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

DavidA95
Joining in

I'm sorry but this is absolutely pathetic. How on earth can such an important and simple technical error have been known about for five months and you guys still haven't fixed it? Actually shocking how incompetent that is.

I can't create an account because of this. Absolutely astonishing that customers are paying so much money for a service and Virgin fails at even allowing them to create an account, for five months. The technical team should be embarassed and ashamed.

Hi DavidA95, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear you are being affected by this error message. 

We can certainly check this out for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am also experiencing this issue and cannot create an account. I would appreciate some help

I am a new customer and I am getting the same error while registering. Could you resolve this at the earliest. Honestly, I am disappointed with this. A customer needs to access his bills and other details and this is a basic and simple use case for any company.

For anyone facing the issue. Registering with some other email id that's not associated with VirginMedia fixed the issue. Such a ridiculous bug and again it will ask you to set up security questions twice. So many bugs and I am surprised that this company has any IT team working on this. I will switch to some other service provider whenever I get a chance.