Menu
bonnied
Joining in
Message 71 of 156
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer creating account - "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

I am having the same issue.  my account/line is active but cannot register due to this issue.  Not a great start!!

0 Kudos
BoltonMan
Joining in
Message 72 of 156
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer creating account - "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

Is this being fixed on a case by case basis? In which case can I get a fix too as I am unable to set a password. I spoke over the phone last week to an operative but it still has not been resolved. Same issue as others - error message saying "choose a different password" but using different browsers and different variations of passwords.

Please help!

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 73 of 156
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Moving forward please make a separate post for this issue, as this is will cause traffic with responses and cause confusion with private message responses too.

Thanks for being so understanding.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bonnied
Joining in
Message 74 of 156
Flag for a moderator

It would be better if you solved the problem once and for all.

not impressed with Virgin and I’m only 1 week in

0 Kudos
lafpap
Joining in
Message 75 of 156
Flag for a moderator

Same exact issue here. New customer, my internet is working already, but still can't set up my Virgin Media account, same error message ("You can't use that password. Please choose another"). I tried different browsers, passwords etc.

0 Kudos
EmziiHanna
Joining in
Message 76 of 156
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 77 of 156
Flag for a moderator

Hi lafpap, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the online account, sometimes a date and year allows set up and you can change this in the profile section once everything is set up for you . ^Chris 

0 Kudos
lafpap
Joining in
Message 78 of 156
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

Sorry, it's not clear, what do mean by "sometimes a date and year allows set up"? Also, how do I update anything in the profile section if the very problem is that I can't create one?

0 Kudos
allenng
Joining in
Message 79 of 156
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan,

thanks for sending me the private message and would like to know what's our next steps on?

thanks,

0 Kudos
Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 80 of 156
Flag for a moderator

Hi @lafpap

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry for any confusion caused with our previous reply.

Could you please ensure there are no special characters, only letters and numbers, it must begin with a letter, and must be between 8-10 characters.

Please let us know how you get on.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos