cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer and old account

melaniebr
Tuning in

Hi, I moved home a few years ago and stopped my virgin media internet subscription. Now I am moving again and re subscribed to Virgin Media internet broadband. 

My virgin media app is accessed through my primary email but it is still linked to the old account which is now inactive. There appears to be no way to de-linking the old account number and linking the new account number to my virgin media app.

Virgin do have my current email on the new account as I get emails from them but cannot get online to view my account. Will be grateful if old account can be de-linked and new account linked to my login. 

Thanks,

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Melaniebr, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums 🙂
I am so sorry to hear you have been having issues with registering, can you confirm if you are registering with the new account and not signing in?
Zoie

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Melaniebr, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums 🙂
I am so sorry to hear you have been having issues with registering, can you confirm if you are registering with the new account and not signing in?
Zoie

Yes that is it!

i tried to create a new account with my old email but I am still blocked saying “you left us so can no longer access etc”

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

So when you register with the new account details it advises sorry to see you leave?

Zoie

Yes that is it. Could you please unlink my old account and my new one? I just need to be able to use the app. Thanks!

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Just to confirm is the email a virgin domain? So for example a @VirginMedia/@ntlworld or just a Gmail or hotmail?

Zoie

Just my normal email, not with the brand. 

Thanks for coming back to us melaniebr,

Can we ask if you have tried to register your new account with an alternative email address? If you have previously used an email address prior to returning, this can sometimes cause issues when re-registering your new account.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Well that email address was used to set up the new account. So no I will not use an alternative email address which I do not use because you have technical issues ? Can someone please just connect me and my outlook address to the subscription I am paying for please?

We have had reports of some customers being unable to register for an online account using 3rd party emails at this current time melaniebr. 

You may be affected by this as you are not using a Virginmedia/NTLworld email address currently. This issue has been reported already and we are working on a fix for this.

Just to be on the safe side, we will bring you in for a private chat so we can check this is the case. If you're happy for me to try and register you for an online account, I will be happy to try this.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat. 

Kind regards Jodi.