cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Contract

Mw5000
Joining in

Good afternoon, just spent nearly 2 hours being passed around on live chat and WhatsApp.

I recently signed up to a new contract and a new monthly price, after numerous chats no one seems able to tell me when this new contract starts.

Surely this shouldnt be this difficult.

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's usually immediate, although can be upto a month in the future if you specifically requested this.

You should receive the emailed PDF version of your new contract in a day or so after agreeing it - also downloadable from your myVM online account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @japitts I did receive an email, my bill should have been reduced on the new contract from £53.25 to £45 however when I asked on WhatsApp I was informed my next bill will be £53.25 ?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the dates on your bill, for whether there are any pro-rata credits/debits. There's a strong chance you've changed your package partway through your bill cycle so the exact amounts may not necessarily tally.

The monthly package price on your bill should match the contract, but the bill amount may not - the dates should be the clue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi thanks for the reply, I thought it would be something along those lines, my bill date is the 26th of each month and payment date 12th each month.
What I cant understand is why I was told my next bill for Novemner will ne the higher amount ?

I changed my contract on the 21st September.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post up some copies of the bill with personal details blanked out and let's see.

But off-hand, if you changed package on the 21/09 and bill date is the 26th, that leaves 5 days of pro-rata credits/debits that should appear on the first bill generated on or after 26/09, probably due for payment in October.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mw5000 thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you, kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

So after a number of private messages I am no further foward after having to send screenshots of my new contract emails sent from VM, only to be told this contract has been cancelled by VM 😕 and now no further contact.

Also been waiting on WhatsApp since 8am this morning, for a company who's business is communication there seems to be lack of this.

Hi @Mw5000 thanks a lot for your reply here on this thread.

I know we've communicated this privately, but since your post on here you've managed to get the help you need thankfully - I'm just posting this for the benefit of other users of this thread.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi send you a message please take a look, thanks.