cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nettflix on ultimate volt

dave_g
On our wavelength

Hi,

Reading the news today it is saying Netflix is now free on certain top packages including Ultimate Volt.

I am on this package but when I try to activate membership it is only offering paid membership.

How can I get the free access please?

78 REPLIES 78

Well, it turns out that I could (almost) have held my breath!

I received an email yesterday from VM (streamingservices@virginmedia.co.uk) with a link to Netflix in it, including what I assume to be a personal token.

When I followed this link (on my mobile phone) it took me to Netflix and the billing information looked slightly different - referencing Virgin, but that standard was included (IIRC).

I completed the steps and Netflix is back on as it should be (at least for now).

So for reference:

• Ultimate Volt Customer since January 2022
  • No re-contracting (amount or period/length)
  • Received initial email (5th April) "John, the Netflix Standard Plan’s all yours, at no extra cost"
  • Received a confirmation email (7th April) "Thanks for making those changes!"
  • Received no further emails
  • Connected to Netflix via V360 box as My Virgin Media 'Activate' link errors (8th April)
  • Receive "Welcome to Netflix!" email from Netflix and start watching (8th April)
  • Netflix cancellation email (20th April) "Your Netflix cancellation confirmation"
  • Rang VM and chose TV/streaming related options, then Netflix as a specific menu option (25th April)
  • Spoke to a very apologetic and helpful chap called Duncan (I guess in a UK call centre) who checked a couple of things and then raised an IT ticket (72 hour SLA)
  • Received the correct email this time (27th April) "JOHN, activate your Netflix account today ......." from Streaming @ Netflix
  • Followed link in email to Netflix
  • Received email "Welcome back to Netflix!"
  • Happy Bunny

Hope this gives anyone else who's stuck an idea....

Cheers

John

As posted above, the same for me.

Email finally received and a working free Netflix 

Good luck to all those who were waiting 🤞🏻

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have called virgin twice now this morning and tried varying menu options I cannot find a streaming services phone menu option?

I've also tried to find it again and cannot.   Either it has changed - or I can't recall the route through.

You could try going through to the option about activating a new service and then any other help.

For me this was:

1 TV, BB, Home Phone

Calling from mobile press 1 to confirm post code

1 - VM Services

3 - New Install 

4 - Any other questions

Password

I'm sure this isn't the route I took, but you are trying to activate a 'new service'.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced jonesanthony,

Can I ask whether the team have raised a ticket for you regarding?

Let us know,

Kain

anicholles
Tuning in

Had conversation with vm today who told me that Netflix not included in bundle as contract agreed BEFORE Mar 22. After that date does include Netflix. Explained that my new contract includes £28 for O2 SIM which I don't need or want and that total cost now 30% higher than Jan charges. Operator stonewalled me saying that I agreed to contract so won't help. Still having to pay £7 for Netflix. Can't get out of contract till June next year. Great customer service for a customer of around 20 yrs.

cant advise on the £7 netflix problem (i thought you just had to agree to a new contract if you had an earlier contract) but if you have the 1gig volt then you would have agreed to the O2 sim card as its apart of the package. When i agreed to the O2 sim it was £25 BUT will increase in Mar/Apr every year with the RPI or something like that.

If you really want netflix, try again with another operator or speak to retentions as they seem to have better knowledge with their systems, but i doubt you will get anywhere with the o2 sim with o2 as you must have agreed to it

Hi anicholles, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am really sorry to hear you're unhappy with the customer service you're received.  I would like to take a closer look into this on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @anicholles, thanks for getting back to me privately.  

This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.

Regards

Lee_R