cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nettflix on ultimate volt

dave_g
On our wavelength

Hi,

Reading the news today it is saying Netflix is now free on certain top packages including Ultimate Volt.

I am on this package but when I try to activate membership it is only offering paid membership.

How can I get the free access please?

78 REPLIES 78

Agree, great explanation except still waiting for the follow up email a week after registering. 

@Zach_R

its speaking from past experience from more than 1 occasion more than reading complaints on here i'm afraid

The comments about the missing follow up email from VM are well made. 

Having responded to the initial invitation email, I did receive a second email within 24 hours but this was solely about the change of contract. There were no instructions about how to activate the change at the Netflix end.

That's why we tried the sign out, sign back in again technique on the TV box. That procedure led to the activation screen being shown which then triggered the changes at the Netflix end. 

PhilipF
Superfast

Just wonder if anyone could reproduce this unicorn  2nd email, the one after this...

Don’t miss getting Netflix included in your Ultimate Volt bundle – at no extra cost

We don’t want you to miss out on incredible TV, so we’re including the Netflix Standard Plan as part of your Ultimate Volt bundle, at no extra cost.

Netflix has something for everyone, and it’s easy to find what you love – whether it’s gripping TV shows, epic movies or chilling documentaries. You can watch as much as you want, on up to two devices at the same time. In stunning HD, too.

All you need to do is follow the two steps below and you’ll be good to go.

Step 1

Pop your details in here. We’ll then send you an email with instructions

on how to set up your Netflix account. Please note: it can take up to 7 days for this email to arrive.

Step 2

Choose whether you want to add the Netflix Standard Plan to your Ultimate Volt bundle at no extra cost, or upgrade to the Netflix Premium Plan for only £5 extra a month, so you can watch on up to four devices and in 4K Ultra HD.

Already got the Netflix Standard Plan? No problem. Complete the same steps above – making sure you use the same email address that’s registered to your current Netflix account – and everything will transfer over to us automatically. We’ll cover the cost if you go for the Netflix Standard Plan.

The Virgin Media O2 team

SotonSteve
Tuning in

i signed upto the ultimate volt bundle 30th march and it says Netflix included..  i clicked the activate link on myvirginmedia, created a netflix standard account and it said billing would be done via Virgin Media...  I thought this would be discounted down in the billing.. But when i look at my billing overview  theres a charge on there for £10.99.. Will this be discounted when the actual bill is generated?? 

Also, when i signed upto the package the whatsapp agent who sorted it out said there was a £150 bill credit ( or the google nest) ,  but when i look at the bill overview the only credit i see is the £25 for a missed appointment... would someone be able to take a look at this for me please?

Much the same here: I signed up to Ultimate Volt on March 31st, VM part of the contract starting and installed yesterday  (14h Apr) but no mention or e-mail regarding the Google Nest or how to get Netflix - which were included in the deal. Totally unclear about how or who to help clear this up. The O2 part started more or less immediately once they sent me a sim. 

Hi @dave_g

Did we support you with processing a new contract term/package in the end?

Are you still awaiting your activation email?

Do you also have the 'activate netflix' tile within your My Virgin Media account?

Let us know how you are getting on so we can chase this for you!

Thank you for your patience in the meantime. 
All the best!

Molly

dave_g
On our wavelength

Hi Molly,

Yes still waiting for activation email.

Have activate button in my virgin media but doesn't work.

I escalated to your executive team a week ago, ref C-0604221112, but had no contact since. I do appreciate it is Easter though.

Many thanks

I'm getting a non working activate Netflix link.

It was working a few days ago, but when I clicked to sign in, it didn't add VM as the billing. So is currently using my Debit card.

Just to provide an update, we have chased the team over the weekend for an update with this issue and we're hoping to have an update by tomorrow. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs