cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix

spirit
On our wavelength

Hi 

I read that Netflix is now included in the top level TV packages. I have just checked (Oomph customer) and it says its active on my account, but how do I access it ? I tried logging into it using my VM username and password and it says it cannot find my email address ? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dean_C

Hi everyone,

We're aware of an issue whereby some of our customers are being advised that Netflix is active on their account but it should actually show an activate button, we hope to have this fixed very soon. 

Also, just a reminder that existing customers will need to upgrade to one of our new Netflix bundles to get Netflix included 😊

Thanks,

Dean C
Community Moderator 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

201 REPLIES 201

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @spirit 

The inclusive Netflix isn't available on Oomph packages, just the  Ultimate Volt, the Biggest TV Volt bundle and the Biggest TV bundle are included in the Netflix promotion.

Existing customers would need to recontract /move onto one of those packages that include Netflix.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

so why does it say active on the uo plan then ?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Treble1 

I'm on the Ultimate Oomph package and it doesn't say active on my plan, or in My Virgin Media.

There is though a new Netflix section in MVM, with a link to click on to activate a Netflix plan.

I don't currently subscribe to Netflix, and  I'm certainly not going to click on that link to find myself suddenly having to play for Netflix via VM as an additional add on to my UO package.

To me this link is just an expansion of the currently already fully integrated option that customers have previously had to add Netflix to their VM bill.

I suspect that section, or the messaging on the link will be updated to show it will be an extra monthly charge unless you are a new customer or newly contracted customer since 21st March 2022 on either the UV or Biggest TV bundle or Biggest TV Volt bundle.

I really hope I'm wrong and that customers on older packages, or who were on the UV package prior to 21st March can receive the standard Netflix add on for free if they recontract for another 18 months

View contractView contract

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I couldn’t help myself if I was you I would have to press that button out of pure curiosity lol
mine says active i do share my daughters Netflix but she pays nowt to do with me hopefully vm will shed more light on this 

4B973BBA-3117-4504-899E-AF2E60D97E1B.jpeg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Treble1 

Interesting to see the footnote, 'watch this space etc', at the bottom of your photo. It looks like more paid for apps, possibly Disney plus, Discovery plus coming soon?

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Dean_C

Hi everyone,

We're aware of an issue whereby some of our customers are being advised that Netflix is active on their account but it should actually show an activate button, we hope to have this fixed very soon. 

Also, just a reminder that existing customers will need to upgrade to one of our new Netflix bundles to get Netflix included 😊

Thanks,

Dean C
Community Moderator 

Wow another vm launch what goes horribly wrong what a surprise !!!

LittleMick73
Superstar

Hi if you really want Netflix sign up direct with them far easier as they are very easy to deal with, if you want to cancel or upgrade its so simple,  don't put all your eggs in virgins basket.

@Dean_C Thanks for this. I seem to be having the same problem but when I called VM (before seeing this post) the person I spoke with didn’t seem to know anything about the issue. Is there any timescale for a fix?