cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix cancelled

Tombh71
On our wavelength

Finally worked out how to get netflix paid by virginmedia as per my deal and one week later it has been cancelled. It shouldn't be this difficult, I have looked through all thexanswers on these forums and unfortunately like most others  the option doesn't work or doesn't exist. I have raised complaints and spoke to people on the phone and on their WhatsApp but now I have lost all hope. Shouldnt advertise a priduct as free which cant actually be used. Brilliant customer service as always. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, mine has been resolved about 6 weeks ago. There was quite a few of us in another thread elsewhere on the forum that were sent email details of how to subscribe with netflix with a link. 

This worked for me, I currently pay an extra £5 through virgin media to cover the 4k upgrade

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tombh71, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing an issue with accessing Netflix. 

Can you please confirm what you mean when you say this has been cancelled? Are you no longer able to access the service via the app on the set top box?

Thanks,

Nat

Tombh71
On our wavelength

Hi Nat

Yes my subscription has been cancelled so I can't watch it. Any attempts to restart the membership on my box with virginmedia as the payment detail just states there is a problem on the screen and chucks you back to the previous page.  The manage nrtflix account on my virginmedia app doesn't do anything when pressed and via the Web page account I have no netflix option. 

Regards

Tom

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply an for confirming. 

I would like to take a look at this from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message.  This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Tombh71
On our wavelength

Hi

So I could sign up for netflix again via the netflix channel and now a few days later netflix said that virgin had rejected to pay for my netflix. What is happening with you guys. I thought it had been fixed but I guess not. 

Regards

Tom

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tombh71

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a warm welcome back.

The Netflix issue is currently still ongoing for a few customers and we're hoping to have this resolved with Netflix as soon as possible. My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

"The Netflix issue is currently still ongoing for a few customers and we're hoping to have this resolved with Netflix as soon as possible. My apologies for any inconvenience caused."

This has been the response for five months now !!!

What you are getting and what the forum team are failing to advise on , is that the option to sign up you have taken , is the option to pay for Netflix via VM , that is not what you want to do,so Netflix are cancelling the subscription ( guess they are verry p****d off with Virgin and this problem by now).

What you need is the email (from streamingservices) with the correct link.

This is relying on the IT team adding the correct codes to your account and nobody seems to have any clue how long it will take.

Hang on in there..

Thanks for the info, so why don't they just send me the email. Also, they won't even discuss any kind of refund because we had to pay for netflix ourselves now to watch it.  Technically virgin have broken the contract by not providing what was promised for free so there is an argument to cancel from my end. 

Tom

Hi Tombh71, 

Thanks for the message and sorry to hear that there is still an issue accessing the Netflix service. 

Our IT teams are working hard to resolve this and once resolved you should get an email. 

I would recommend checking the online account also to see if you are able to click on the Netflix link.

Chris. 

Tombh71
On our wavelength

Hi Chris

Online there is no netflix option and on the app, manage my netflix takes me straight to a disneyplus subscription sign up with no mention of netflix. I notice there is no acknowledgement of refunding if paying for it ourselves because of their inadequacies. Typical virginmedia customer service. 

Can anyone answer why they can't just send me the code?

Tom