cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

Milliemoos
On our wavelength

Hi All

I have just join virgin last month and had install at the weekend I have had no email about netflix and when I go into my virgin account it says activate neflix when I click on it it just keeps coming back saying where having some technical issues. Is there anyway I can get an email sent out to me so I can turn neflix on

Thanks in advance 

17 REPLIES 17

robigouk
Superfast

Me too!  I renewed my contract 2 weeks ago yesterday and had Netflix added to my new deal - when I log into VM and click on "Entertainment Services" under Netflix it states "Your Netflix Account needs activation" - Pending: Adding Soon. 

When I click on Activate Netflix button I get "Just a moment while we redirect you to Netflix" and then goes back stating "Sorry, something's gone wrong! We're having some technical issues.  Please try again later". 

It was the same yesterday 😞  any ideas

Teebee
On our wavelength

The short answer to this is the Netflix activation system is broken, lodge a ticket with customer support, get a ticket number and then consider signing up separately if you really want it, as a fix doesn't appear to be incoming anytime soon. Then start to lodge compensation claims for every month it hasn't worked.

There have been rumours that VM hasn't been paying Netflix or there is some disagreement but who knows.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Milliemoos,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with the activation of your Netflix account. I've taken a look on our side and can't see any contact with our team, so I'm going to pop you a private message so we can look into this.

Please look out for my message in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @robigouk,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome back to you also.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a similar issue and have been unable to activate your account. I can see you've spoken with our team since your post, regarding this. Have you been able to follow the advice provided by them? Are you able to access the account?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

Hi Reece

yes they've explained that once my current Netflix subscription ends (which I've already cancelled), the next day I'm to click the "Join" (not sign in) button on the app on my box and this will let me in with billing to Virgin! 🙂

My subscription doesn't expire until the 7th so hopefully on the 8th all will be good!  Thanks for taking a look!

Thank you for the reply reece 

I've checked messages but not got a new one from you?

Thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Milliemoos,

Really sorry about that, I'm not sure what happened there. I've resent the message, and you should now see this in the purple envelope.

@robigouk, please do keep us updated on this and we'll be happy to help if needed 🙂

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

Add me to the list of customers who just get error messages and promises that it will be fixed. I'm on promise number 2 now with the first 3-5 day deadline for fixing it having already expired.
This should be a nice, simple, fix for VM - any advice for how to actually get this sorted please?

Hi @philbolton1978

Welcome to the community forums. 

Really sorry to hear that you've not been able to access your Netflix account. I can see there is an IT ticket raised for you that I have now escalated. 
Can you confirm what error message you see when you try to access and activate the Netflix account via either the link in the email or the link via your online account? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley