cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

woodsy1984
Dialled in

I am having a nightmare with getting my Netflix activated. I'm an ultimate volt customer and when the offer was lauched I chatted on Whatsapp with VM to add Netflix to my account. This involved taking out a new contract which has been emailed to me.

I was told I would receive a email with a link to activate Netflix within 24. This didn't arrive. I chatted again via WhatsApp and was this time told I would receive an email within 48 hours. Again this didn't arrive.

In the meantime I had a Netflix tab appear on my virgin media account on the website, with an activation button to click. When I click on this I get an error message saying try again later or try via set top box.

I have had three phone calls to VM help. One said this is a problem that is affecting some customers but offered no solution.

One told me to set up netflix and take a subscription to pay via Virgin Media bill. He said that no money would be taken as I have it included in my package. I did this, and then received an email from Netflix cancelling my membership as the "account could not be billed through virgin media."

I have had another phone call with VM help. They had me clear my cache and cookies. Disconnect my modem from my TV. Try from my phone, a laptop and via the V360 box.

I still cannot get access to Netflix. Has anybody else had this problem and is there a solution. I'm sick of spending hours on the phone, repeating myself, and still getting nowhere. 

284 REPLIES 284

Hi Paul,

Thanks fore confirming this, there should be a Netflix Icon where you can see Apps, underneath there should be an activate button, have you tried setting up an account Via the set top box and selecting payment Via your Virgin Media bill?

Regards

Paul.

paul_55
On our wavelength

Hi  Paul,

There is no Netflix icon anywhere on my VirginMedia pages, just the sign up  for Disney+.

The only option for me via the set top box is to create an account and pay additionally for the service or will charging to to my VirginMedia bill be a zero charge as it's included in the package?

Paul

I have the same issue but unfortunately I don't think Virgin know how to resolve. I have multiple complaints and IT tickets spanning 2 months and they have absolutely no idea what to do.

Thank you for that information paul_55.

On the Tv box, is there an option to sign into a Netflix account? If so, can you do that and look for an option to change you billing?

^Martin

paul_55
On our wavelength

Hi Martin,

Yes there is an option to sign in. On the 17th July I received a phone call from someone in IT asking me to sign in using my VirginMedia logon details. Tried and failed as according to the message from NetFlix "Sorry, we can't find an account with the email address p...@ntlworld.com".

Tried again just now and nothing has changed.  The same message is displayed 3 months later. To say that this is poor service is overstating the abysmal  performance of the team who are supposed  to be fixing this issue. 😒

As previously stated, only option is to sign up via the TV app but this requires additional payment through my VirginMedia account. There is still nothing on my homepage or any activation email received.

FYI; previous message from the forum team on 30th June, who incidentally I don't hold responsible for this debacle, "I'm really sorry to hear you're experiencing issues in regards to your Netflix service. We've been made aware that a fix has been deployed and is being rolled out to all affected customers." Is it really........

Speechless

Paul

I can see that a colleague previously opened a ticket with our IT Team to investigate this. We haven't had any update regarding that. 

I will reach out to them to see about getting the ticket escalated. 

^Martin

I've spoken,what's apped, messaged, like everyone else here,spending countless hours and had several tickets raised... apparently. Has anyone here actually got anything resolved.

The activation email that was supposed to arrive in 24 hours is almost 6 months late. We all get told to go through the app and follow the non existent  or looping link. It has changed as the link now offers Disney +. 

My 4k viewing is limited to the mesmerising virgin channel or the BT ultimate sports channel that I enjoyed, but even that is now unwatchable due to an issue for viewers in my region.  Fortunately they have racist a ticket...... how reassuring 

johnniex
Joining in

I too have this problem. Signed up to a new package in July.  I Called up and they raised a ticket but heard nothing back since.

No email and no option to sign in via my virgin media. 

It's very frustrating paying for a service that I am unable to receive as the main reason I took out the new contract was to save a couple of pounds a month by combining my services into one.  

I did get sorted in the end. Fortunately only a couple of months wait, so I can't imagine how frustrated you are. The only thing that worked was when I eventually got the email. All the other advice on here was a waste of time. The WhatsApp chat might as well no exist, and the phone lines are even worse. I've no idea how I got the email, but it just turned up one day. Good luck, I hope yours comes in the end 

We're very sorry for the issues you've had with your Netflix service. I can see you last spoke with one of the Moderators at the end of August. Have you spoken with any other teams since that point?

^Martin