cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

benbmw1980
On our wavelength

I’m having a nightmare too. Started a new deal with Virgin at the end of March with Netflix included. Got the activation email sent and clicked on it etc. been using Netflix fine until this morning when I got emails from Netflix asking to update my payment information and telling me my Netflix account had been ‘paused’. Called Virgin who were no help saying it was activated on their records and fobbing me off to ring Netflix directly.I then called Netflix who found my details but went on to say that Virgin had not activated my account under my new package deal. Called Virgin AGAIN who said they would need to send me another activation email but could not do anything for the next 48 hours as they have an outage with Netflix (how convenient).

The two operators at Virgin did not have a clue what they were talking about which sounds very similar to the other comments on this thread. The customer service is beyond a joke and I’m now regretting staying with Virgin. They messed up setting up my new deal a few weeks ago and I’m sick to death of having to call up to get the most basic issues resolved.

Will definitely be looking to move away from them asap. Not impressed whatsoever.

171 REPLIES 171

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @PeteC74 

You can find the VM complaints process and links to the online complaints form <<< here >> 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi PeteC74,

I am sorry you feel like this is now a complaint about a miss sold package. 

I'll send you a PM now so we can chat about this further. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

PeteC74
On our wavelength

Well still nothing . .  . 

Had a few PMs saying it would all be sorted but nowt.

Have they raised it to the hypercare team yet, that ones awesome. They aim to get back to you in 7 days but 3.5 months later still nothing. 

jacor
On our wavelength

Opened my account end of March.... Raised straight away I don't have Netflix or any way to get it. IT ticket raised in MAY .. nothing back. Talked to 7-8 people on the phone. Liased with probably 5, 6 on the forum mod team, non able to even provide an update, let along timescale for fix. Saw others who had joined the complaint thread after me get their issue sorted before me.

Raised a virgin complaint , got to 8 weeks with a load of copy pasted answers in broken English that didn't relate to my issue.

Went through the independent complaints process. Virgin conceded on the last possible day they had to respond.

Promised immediately would resolve. Nearly 20 working days since and nothing, they're about to break their resolution timescales again with my CISAS complaint.

They don't really care, unless it's responding with a copy paste script about looking into it for you, where they tell you just to wait. 4 months!

As post after post is saying we are all p***ed of with copy and paste replies.

DO SOMETHING !!

4 months today since launch and you cannot fix a problem ??

WHAT IS GOING ON ?????????????????

There are lies, damn lies and then there is Virgin media, it’s past a joke 

I was just thinking back to my last contract negotiations and remember that when you mention going to Sky they say, but Sky charge you for fixes, we don’t, I think I can now see the reason for that, Sky use professional and Qualified engineers and IT staff, where Virgin obviously wait outside the Mumbai technical college waiting for the kid with a gcse in woodwork with a bandage on his thumb, and employ him as head of IT, he’s not the best, but he is cheap and allows the company to maximise their profits at the expense of their customers and if he fails they can always make him a supervisor in the call centre.

Your customers deserve the truth about this issue and the incompetence of the person who are supposed to be fixing this

Mike26
On our wavelength

I upgraded to Volt in August. I have managed after some hiccups to access "free" Netflix on only 1 of my 2 boxes (both now 360 boxes). My other box wants me to login to Netflix and set up a payment plan. I have tried a factory reset on the offending box today but no change. Can anyone help.

Hey @Mike26, thanks for reaching back out to us on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with Netflix on the 2nd box 😞
I will look in to this for you as something has gone wrong with the transmission of this.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey @Mike26, thanks for speaking with us today.

I'm glad we were able to set up the steps in place in-order to get this issue fixed as soon as.
As advise with our plan, we will continue to look after the this alternate means until this can be rectified.
As always - feel free to reach out to us if you need anything.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs