cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

superb33s
Tuning in

I need a definitive answer from somebody who actually knows about Netflix activation. 

I was first offered a Netflix included package on 20th April (after my last contract revision was totally screwed up). No activation emails were ever forthcoming.

I chased up on 13th May to be told that it wasn't included on my package despite it being clearly offered on my previous call. But fear not, they could amend my contract to make sure it was included....... Still no activation emails came. 

Chased again on 13th June via WhatsApp and told

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. There might be some technical issue due to which you are not able to access Netflix. I'll get the IT ticket raised for you and within 48 hours it will be resolved.

Of course we are long past 48 hours by now, and still no contact from anyone. No activation emails.

All throughout this when I go to "My Virginmedia" the Netflix activate button is there but it only ever leads to a plan selection page inviting me to pay extra (normal plan prices) for Netflix.

I am currently on a complaints Web chat and the adviser (Divyajyoti) is insistent that I should just click through and agree to the screen that says I will be billed £10.99 per month and that I won't actually be billed it. 

Forgive me if I find that very hard to believe.

Screenshot_20220720-115151.png

 Can anybody categorically confirm or deny that I should just click through and the billing won't be totally messed up? 

10 REPLIES 10

dowie
On our wavelength

Hi Superb33s

Ive just had a similar issue, and it has to be done through the email. The issue I had is they sent it to my virginmedia.com account and not my main email.

Regards

Dowie

Thanks for your response and I suspect you are right, despite what I was told by the person on web chat.

Sadly, the activation email hasn't gone to my virginmedia email or my main email, nor into my junk box. It just hasn't been sent at all.

I'm eagerly awaiting somebody from VM to turn up and offer to send me a PM about it.......

Hi @superb33s

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community. 

I am sorry you haven't received your Netflix activation email.

Could you please check your junk folder if you haven't already? 

Could you also please check if you can activate it through your My Virgin Media:

1. sign in to My Virgin Media at virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media

2. Under the Netflix section, you should be able to see an Activate button

3. Please click the Activate button to complete the registration and follow the instructions presented 

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@Vikki_M 

Thanks for responding. However it is pretty clear you haven't read anything that I wrote as I've already done what you are asking me to do.

My last message states

"the activation email hasn't gone to my virginmedia email or my main email, nor into my junk box"

My first message details what happens when I press the activate button.

"it only ever leads to a plan selection page inviting me to pay extra (normal plan prices) for Netflix."

I even helpfully showed you a screen grab indicating what I see when I go that route.

I'll include another that shows the plan selection screen below.

Netflix.pngNetflix charge.png

I'm afraid over the four months of this problem that these seem incapable of fixing , the forum team are only able to post totyally useless copy and paste replies that help nobody.

In answer to your question , no do not take that option , it is the usual bad advice from customer services.

That option will either mean you are billed , or it will be cancelled by Netflix after a few days as "Virgin will not pay" . The only link that will work is in the email that you are still awaiting ( I have now been waiting four months for it!) , they appear to be being sent in a completely randon order..

You may get the forum team sending you a purple envelope and giving you an IT ticket number , that is just another time wasting fob off , nobody has seen one resolved yet!

You just have to wait like the rest of us !!!

In all this time there has been no official statement from Virgin advising what the problem is and what they are doing to resolve it.

Hi superb33s, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are still having issues with the Netflix service, can you clear the cache and cookies and try an alternative browser to see if anything changes? Chris. 

Ha!

That's a bloody laughable suggestion. Do you think I've not tried these things?

Guess how many different devices I've tried thia on? It's at least 4.

5 including going to channel 204 on my tivo box as suggested by the WhatsApp support. Should I clear the cache and cookies and try a different browser on all those separate devices? Or is the fault elsewhere? 

I put it to you that the fault lies, not with me or anything that I'm doing, but with Virgin Media. 

I've not received an activation email (no its not in my junk box) and without it I will be billed for Netflix. 

Chris_W1

Please ask the It team to try that and see if it solves the problem for us all !

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can only apologise at this point - as from other threads on the forums relating to the same issue, the team are working hard to get the remaining batch of unsolved accounts resolved. 

What I can do is send you over a private message to help raise an IT ticket. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.