cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation email not received (new Volt package)

garner
Dialled in

I signed up for this package on 25 March, it was installed on 7 April. But I still don't have the Netflix activation email that I should have received.

Tried the customer services live chat on April 9, and was told "I have rasied a request so you should be getting an email notification shortly, regarding the Netflix activation on 7th of April."

Any idea how shortly? Is it worth phoning or doing another live chat session? I've heard nothing. From what I've read, this promo is not going very smoothly, but I'd quite like to get my Netflix back as soon as possible.

144 REPLIES 144

"The team are investigating this with so many of our users being affected"  ???

But other forum staff are telling us it's a small minority !

If we are being fed BS please at least get your stories straight !!!

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tractorboy

Thanks for your response

Our team are investigating this with Netflix and we'll look to provide an update as soon as possible, I understand your frustration. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri_G sorry for the late reply. 
The problem is/was is that when the CS peeps are setting up some of the accounts they are not adding the Netflix package to it. 

This means that there is no way you will get the activation email nor tile. It may or may not (not in my case) show you have Netflix on your contract, but Netflix is standard on the packages taken out after a certain date and can easily be proved. 

All CS are willing to do is restart your contract or add Netflix on, but there system won’t allow it to be added without incurring extra fees; in my case they wanted to increase my fee from £85 to £110 per month. 

The mods on here sorted it out backend with their managers permission to rolling credit my account each month for £10.99 so I could purchase Netflix separately. 

So to sum up the error in the majority of cases is how the account is set up in the first place and your system doesn’t allow for Netflix to be added after. 

Hi kazianco1, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

When adding the package if the Netflix code is not added it will not allow us to add the package. 

I understand that there are some instances where customers are not getting the activation email and our IT teams are working hard to resolve this. 

I am glad to hear that we have managed to resolve this for you by adding a rolling credit and please do let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Chris

That’s interesting - if the initial setup of the account was incorrect then it’s broken for the long term.

Mine was clearly not correct, as I was being charged £25 above what I was quoted, as well as no Netflix.

This is the first I’ve heard about a *rolling* credit being applied for Netflix. I was told that wasn’t possible, and I’d have to come back here each month to request it, which is what I’ve been doing. If credit can be applied without me having to remember to ask, I’d much prefer that.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That's not the case for every account garner - just to confirm. 

Upon checking the system I can see that your Netflix issue has been picked up by the team and they are currently in the process of working this. I appreciate that some time has passed since this was initially arranged - but I offer assurances that the correct people are working this. Any update will be provided to you asap. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.  

We have been waiting since May for this issue to be resolved. I have wasted so much time on calls, several whatsapp conversations and its still not resolved. We have raised tickets and a complaint but still nothing.

We keep getting the same response to check for the activation tile on my virgin media which is not there and we have never received any activation email.

If it cannot be resolved, how can I arrange for our account to be credited for the amount as some people seem to have managed?

It is ridiculous that so many people are paying for services that are not being delivered. Surely everyone should be getting credited for this?

Thanks

Graeme

You should certainly be able to get credit for the missing Netflix. I was told I have to come here and ask for it after every bill, so that's what I've been doing (since March) but it seems kazianco1 is getting a rolling credit applied. That's a much better solution, and I'd like that to be done on my account too. Can somebody please sort that out for me?

Asking for credit so many times feels kind of like begging, like I'm asking for a favour. I really dislike having to do it. Initially I had to argue to even get the credit, because one of the staff here told me early on that the Netflix part of my deal was actually just a worthless freebie and therefore Virgin's failure to provide it didn't merit compensation.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @garner

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear the Netflix issue is still ongoing.

We wouldn't apply a rolling credit to every account as we're unsure when the Netflix issue will be resolved for certain amounts, if we applied a rolling credit for six months it could be fixed within a month etc. If you pop back in we'll be sure to have the credits applied whilst we work towards a resolution for this.

Thank you for your patience with this and again, my apologies. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Is it possible to have a credit applied then? How do we request this?

We have had the issue since May but no credits so far.