Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Tuck Up

All previously recorded tv programmes I saved on my shows which I've watched previously whilst recorded I've noticed tonight I now cannot access unless I join Netflix!!!

This is a total con as I pay for Virgin for the facility to record my favourite shows but can't watch now until I join Netflix so Virgin have totally breached their contract with myself by denying myself this facility now.

How have Virgin changed all this and want to charge monthly for myself to watch previously recorded shows, aren't they making enough profit already?

i assume there are lots of people in same position and at this time especially will not be joining and looking to dump Virgin as this is totally unacceptable 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix Tuck Up

If you did, indeed, record these programs when they were broadcast, you must have deleted them.

I suggest, perhaps, what you have done is set up a series link with recordings and streaming and not actually recorded them but watched them from Catch Up or On Demand and these programs are no longer available from Catch Up or On Demand but are available for streaming from Netflix.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

sounds strange that every single programme previously recorded is all now on netflix. doesn't make sense. i'm inclined to go along with your line of thinking.

no one else has mentioned the same issue that i can see.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You've hit the nail on the head Ernie, that's exactly how I recorded all the programmes I had mate, but my argument is why should I pay an additional fee on top of what I'm paying now which is certainly not cheap to have what I had previously which formed part of my contract with Virgin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you accepted what I said, you didn’t record anything, you watched from either Catch Up or On Demand, both of which are time-limited.

If you want recordings, record the broadcast programs then you can watch them whenever.

I never rely on Catch Up or On Demand. I record everything.

Set your series links to record only.

For existing series links, you have to change each one individually.

For future series links, alter your series links defaults to recordings only.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos