cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Activation.

wulliesimpson
On our wavelength

Ok so I changed package after getting a good deal (or so i thought) so my sim came through and that changed over no problem, My tv package changed over NO problem, the only outstanding issue is that I still cannot get Netflix activated, I have called Virgin several times and wasted countless hours on WhatsApp chat and still no joy, I opened "My Virgin Media" App on my phone and there is a part that says "Netflix updated 3rd May" so when i go to the mange Netflix button it asks me how I wish to pay for it? it gives the choice of Bank / Credit card - Paypal or Gift code.

I have already been charged for a month of Netflix but never received the service, so I will be claiming back £10.99 from Virgin and if I don't get any satisfaction before the end of the week I will be cancelling the lot. so my advice to Virgin is to get your finger out and get this sorted. 

One angry customer

Wullie

21 REPLIES 21

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Modteam have just posted an update (post 2 in the thread)

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Netflix-Bundles-and-Activation/td-p/4980738 

Update: 03/05/2022

Hi, 

this issue has been resolved and we are in the process of rectifying affected accounts. You should receive an email with further details, once the issue with your specific account has been fixed. 

Emails will be sent to the registered email address on your account; if for any reason you do not receive an email over the next 24 hours please check your online MyVM account, when the issue has been resolved on your account you will then see an 'activate' button. This button will take you through the next steps. 

Modteam

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @wulliesimpson, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

As @newapollo has mentioned, this is an issue we're aware of but also in the process of being resolved.

I hope this helps and please let us know if it's still not resolved within 24 hours as advised and you've checked your account.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Buckman
Tuning in
Hi
I've got the same problem, as I understand many others have. I've spent ages on the phone speaking to both Netflix and Virgin and whatever is advised achieves nothing.
Interestingly if you check
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Netflix-Activation-Issue/td-p/50042...

You will see that the Modteam have eligibly resolved the issue dated 03/05/2022.
However
Still nothing other than false promises and supposed cash refund if or when it's fixed.

Good Afternoon @Buckman, thanks for you post.

Can you please advise me if you've been able to log into your self-care account to see if the activate button is available for the Netflix account in your self-care account?

If this is not present, can you try clearing the cache on your browser and try logging in again for me?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion,

However, what is your position in VM?

Hi

Anyway, I've tried clearing the cache and all history and data. I logged into My Virgin Media, and there isn't any change.

I'm assuming that My Virgin  Media and Self Care are one of the same? at least that was where your link took me. 

Yes one in the same..

And same old advice that they continue to churn out although it has not solved anything for anybody in the four months plus this has been going on....

Hi

Yes, this is bonkers. Surly it can't be that hard to fix, I mean, four months. The ridiculous thing is, The day I took out the package I got an email from Netflix, asking if I wanted to change to VM. It took about a minute. Then VM messed up, cancelled the Netflix option, Netflix, reinstated my account. No VM can't repeat what they did four months ago.